I Have a PIP!!!! Anybody else getting ready to hatch in the next couple of days? Would love some com

Wow, Birdwalk- that's a great picture!
Have you always used the cartons to hatch in? Do you have them in cartons the whole time, or just before lockdown?
Our eggs are on Day 4, but using a carton interests me.

I love the little one in the background who is just watching things happen! My Faverolles chicks are out with their silkie mums (shared hatch) in their rabbit hutch eating for the first time this morning! Too cute!!!

Marans are hatching ! Blue , splash and blue/copper babies .

Went into lockdown yesterday evening! Have 3 RIR x Light Sussex in the bator! First ever hatch so crossing fingers and toes!! Wondering when they're going to pip!!!!

KrisLW

Wow, Birdwalk- that's a great picture!
Have you always used the cartons to hatch in? Do you have them in cartons the whole time, or just before lockdown?
Our eggs are on Day 4, but using a carton interests me.

Thanks ! This is only the second time for me incubating eggs . My husband is raising guineas and uses these flat paper trays . I guess you could use cartons . He cuts the bottoms out for air flow .
Good luck with you hatch !

Fantastic photo, thanks for posting it!

Thanks and you are most welcome
smile.png

Last edited:
I have 5 Bantam B&B Rocks eggs that could start hatching any day now! I honestly don't know if any will hatch. This is my my first try at incubating and these eggs have gone through temps of 95-107! Started with 8 eggs ad 5 developed. I candled them a few days ago and all are still alive! I really hope at least 2 hatch, and I would rather have no chicks than have just one hatch. It would be hard to have one lone little chick
hmm.png

Wish me luck!

I had three hatch last night. A very bad hatch! The worst in a long time. Went into lock down with 8. These are supposed to be pure Ameraucanas'. Wondering about the chipmunk. The blue is quite light, so could be a splash.

Back
Top Bottom