I Have a PIP!!!! Anybody else getting ready to hatch in the next couple of days? Would love some com

mojomamma

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 19, 2011
Alabama
I have 7 maran eggs,( some black copper a few blue copper and 1 easter egger)so 8 total. Today is day 20 and the Easter Egger pipped a hole this morning, can hear him peeping! So cute!!! My temp is 100 and my humidity is at 65% and has held steady for several days. I am using a hovabator 1262, do I take out the red vent plug when they start to hatch, do you think my humidity is good?

I will be going into lock down tomorrow with some sex link eggs..only 4. Won't be as soon as you, but I will watch for your pics!

How exciting! I only have room for one more chicken so I am not going to be able to hatch any until we move in two years and can expand the coop. I am so excited for you! I love my EE's they are the best temperment. They allow my kids to hold them. I pet them like dogs when I check them at night and they are on the perch. lol

Tuesday will (hopefully) be my hatch day. 5 RIR+RIR/Brahma or Silkie roo, Brahma/? With the same roos, 1 Polish in there too, and Bantam Barred Cochin+Black Frizzle. I had one that didn't grow and one quitter, not bad so far. I'm not sure of when they will hatch because there has been so much fluxuation in temperature.

I have one hatching right now! This is my first hatch and Im so excited!! 3 more went into lockdown last night and were rocking around a little bit ago. I have a saggered hatch due for lockdown this week soon I will have little fluffy butts all over the place.

I have one hatching right now! This is my first hatch and Im so excited!! 3 more went into lockdown last night and were rocking around a little bit ago. I have a saggered hatch due for lockdown this week soon I will have little fluffy butts all over the place.

That's Awesome!!! How many do you have total?

Just an update!!! I have 5 precious chicks in the incubator! The Easter Egger almost died, was glued to the shell. My husband got him unstuck with wet paper towels and he seems to be doing great now! One of the eggs pipped and zipped and never came out, It's been 10 hours or more, so I don't think he made it, and we have 1 more with a pip in it but not much going on. I will post pictures very soon!!!

That's Awesome!!! How many do you have total?
I only have one right now. I have a staggered hatch, by this sunday I will have 6 chicks if all goes well. I will put pictures up tomorrow when I get to work, its kinda confusing doing it on my phone. She needs to hurry up and get fluffy so I can hold her :/

Last edited:
I have one that pipped while I was at work, I'm not sure what happened but it didnt make it oast that point. I have 2 others due tomorrow and I cant wait to see them, 1 is from my hen and the other is from a lady I met on here. Its a surprise breed for my BF but when everyone is dkne hatching I will post pics. This is truly an exciting event!

I hatched yesterday and today and have more hatching in the next 2-3 days! 14 Faverolles hatched out and I have 5 mixed bantams due next! Good luck to all the new 'mothers' out there!

P.S I wish I had some Marans hatching but we dont have them here in New Zealand :(

Back
Top Bottom