I have a pip!

They've all figured out that my hands are good things. Most of them will jump in my hand happily.

I currently have polite little poppers. If I'm holding them they get all wiggly and escapey. I put them down, they walk away, poop, walk back and jump into my lap. :lau silly babies

They've all figured out that my hands are good things. Most of them will jump in my hand happily.

I currently have polite little poppers. If I'm holding them they get all wiggly and escapey. I put them down, they walk away, poop, walk back and jump into my lap. :lau silly babies
:lau the joys of new chicks!
They grow up too fast! :hmm
I'm trying so hard not to set a batch...:fl:lau

Just barely got a pip from potential baby 12. Potential baby 11 has an opening and is swallowing. Guess we'll see what morning brings. I know time is against these 2. We are at about 55 hours since first hatch. Still no signs fro the 7 unknowns. Will will recandle after 11 and 12 do whatever they are going to do. Mama hen in bed.

Just barely got a pip from potential baby 12. Potential baby 11 has an opening and is swallowing. Guess we'll see what morning brings. I know time is against these 2. We are at about 55 hours since first hatch. Still no signs fro the 7 unknowns. Will will recandle after 11 and 12 do whatever they are going to do. Mama hen in bed.
:fl:fl

Sleep well! :frow

Hubby is doing safety holes on the unknowns then looking in for movement or noise. 12 would give me a 38% hatch rate. Not too bad I guess for backyard mutts. At least I'll have room for them to develop more in the porch with power. Probably 4 weeks or more instead of 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom