I have a problem.

Pidgey104

Cochins R Us
16 Years
Nov 10, 2007
Mooresburg TN
It my young chicken pen I have 4 roos and 1 hen. I have 2 EEs,1 Barred rock, and a very young pheonix hamburg roo. all of them are roos but I have1 barred rock hen in with them. I got the barreds together. any way I was collecting my eggs out of all my pens. I went in to feed these guys and what do I find a very dark green egg in the nest box. now for the last week I have been getting these dark green eggs from that pen. any one every heard of a barred rock hen laying green eggs????
Okay here are the pictures

MVC-448S.jpg

MVC-450S.jpg

MVC-451S.jpg

MVC-453S.jpg

Picture of Barred roo
MVC-449S.jpg

Picture of 1 EE roo the other I sold and the polish roo I moved to the polish pen.

MVC-447S.jpg

Last edited:
Could be an EE is a girl, or one of your BRs isn't a pure BR. My girl Panda looks like a BR, no beard or muffs. She has a modified single/pea combo comb and white legs. She lays a green egg. Check your BR's legs. Mine is a BR over Blue Ameraucana mix.

Pidgey, this is Panda. Her dad was my BR rooster, Zane, and her mama is my Blue Ameraucana, Charlotte. Except for her white legs and odd comb (combo pea/single), she looks like a BR girl. She lays green eggs. So, either one of the EEs you thought was a cockerel really isn't, or you have a BR cross.

DCP_1739.jpg

Back
Top Bottom