I have a question about my turkey's leg

Bullet

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Mt. Pleasant
It is about 1-2 months roughly. it has the right feed and vitamins. It started with a little limp, and has progressed to a bigger limp and it's leg is seems to be turning in towards the other leg. any ideas?

I read the info, but from your own knowledge about things like this do you think I should let him live? We noticed it a few weeks ago. He seems to be able to walk on it okay sometimes but he has been falling alot lately.

One other question for you, I know your not supposed to do it, but my turkey is kept with chickens. Do you think it could be a sign of blackhead?

We had a BBW a few years ago that had that problem and it made it to eating size. It wouldn't have lasted much longer though when, we processed it the chest was semi caved in.

It's a hard call to make on the decision to put them down or not. We cull any with defects or issues. If it's a pet or you are raising it to eat and it can get around and have some quaility of life then there is no reason to cull at this point. If it can get around to eat and drink then I would cull.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom