I have a question regarding the wording changes in posts

curliet

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
west Michigan
Now, first, I want you to know that I'm not trying to be contentious, or start any trouble or anything. Just being curious.
hmm.png

When I make a post that includes the word CR*P, it automatically gets turned into the word poop. Why is Cr*p worse than poop? Also, when I think "Cr*p", i think of something generic that just isn't very nice. Like, It's a cr*ppy day", for instance. But when I say, or think "poop", I get the image of, well, poop.

So, like I said, not trying to make an issue, just wondering why cr*p is bad, poop is good.

The word ____ was always considered a rude word in our house. I would always get scolded as a child using it. The word poop was just a cutesy word for POOP. "the dog has to go poop" "the kid has a poopy diaper" I believe it's not perceived to be as offensive to the general populous. That's why they even say it on children s programs like RugRats. You don't hear the rugrats saying "Phil has a _______ diaper"

I do prefer the word poop as opposed to _____ myself, too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Curliet, just had to say
welcome-byc.gif
as I hadn't seen you around here before as of yet. I work in Wyoming, MI!
wink.png

I think the substitution is probably due to the fact that this is a family-friendly site (rated "G" at least as much as animal husbandry can get), but if you're curious, PM one of the mods or Nifty-Chicken to find out.

* I found out that if you spell it like the fish, the auto-edit doesn't change it-- usually. I have the same consternation with another word edit when "darn-it" just doesn't fit the circumstances a bit.
hmm.png

Quote:
Helga in hey arnold! said "what is this cr*p" in the episode where she makes arnold a love poem and then rereads it when she gets hypnotized to not like him no more.

Quote:
Helga in hey arnold! said "what is this cr*p" in the episode where she makes arnold a love poem and then rereads it when she gets hypnotized to not like him no more.

Well, you're right about that. And I think I have heard Stewie say a few choice words from "the family guy" as well as Bart Simpson from time to time. Maybe I should have chosen a PBS cartoon instead of the Crazy NICKTOONS! You just never know what they might put out there!!!
lol.png
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom