I have a question regarding the wording changes in posts

first off, Hobley_Farm, your explanation actually proves my point. When I say cr*p, i am NOT picturing a pile of, well poop. Just a way to say, "Not nice". When I say poop, I really mean...poop. Haha, just a matter of semanticss, I guess.

And, The Chicken Lady, where do you work, and do you live near here? what a neat coincidence to find someone who even knows where Wyoming MI is, LOL.
T

My exhusband is from England and his father was always put off when I said that our kid had a poopy diaper. Maybe ____ should be changed to "stink" so that people don't actually think of Poop. I was just reading goffer Boys post and he spoke of some poopy wood which did make me think he was talking about POOPY wood. But I think he was just talking about "not so great" wood

hehehe I figured his chickens pooped on the wood for a minute till I understood the word change

Last edited:
Aw, c'mon. GET CREATIVE.

We can all think of lots of creative and witty terms to get the general point across. "Steaming pile" is always a good one, and is far more illustrative than the over-used cr-word!

I vote we should have the software edit such words with just "BLEEP"
tongue.png

Last edited:
Haha, DrakeMaiden!

You know, bypassing the filters with symbols and spaces is still considered to be using profanity and therefore is not considered appropriate. And it flouts the rules that are in place.

Just FYI.

boy... so much for a VOTE. That idea got POOPED on pretty quick.

Would it be possible to have a thread that we could discuss politics/censorship/ etc that wouldn't get censored or shut down right away? That way, people who didn't want to be exposed to differing opinions could stay out at their own discretion? I'm finding that the more time i spend on tis board, the more i see threads get closed down because someones feelings get hurt for one reason or another. I don't think anyone is trying to hurt anyones feelings, but it's sometimes hard to censor yourself, make everything PC and sugar coat things to appease some peoples delicate sensabilitys. Is a thread like this possible?

Quote:
You can find some answers to this age old topic here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=96213&p=1

And specific answers here

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1085435#p1085435

Threads that are hot topics and those that have a pattern of being out of control and unsuitable for a chicken board stay open as long as it remains civil and stays within the boundaries of the rules.

The staff watches these closely and monitors them often to the exclusion of other issues. Many times we move them to the private staff area for clean up and they get returned. Once. If we have to clean it up again it likely will be closed.

When threads get locked quickly it is because they are out of control quickly or are threads that are started as a direct result of a thread being locked.

Quote:
As far as censoring yourself, remember the rules you agreed to when you joined. This is a Family Friendly Chicken Board. Read your post and think about it before you hit the submit button.

There are many many other message boards out there to argue politics, religion and the like and you don't need to worry about what you say and how you say it.

so, the thinly veiled message i'm getting from you and your other posts is simply: "tough! It's our board, and we don't like what you talk about. Deal with it." I think the other people with differing opinions, like myself, would more appreciate a straightforward answer. Look, I know this is "just a chicken forum", but CLEARLY there are other topics and feelings and LIVES going on, here. The people that come on here are not just looking for help with their animals, this becomes a community and an extended family for some, which is great. Families and neighbors don't always get along. I think they all try to find common ground and they DISCUSS issues that they may or may not agree with...without the fear of being shut down. All the praying and god threads go on for years... not once have i seen a thread get shut down or censored because someone talked about god on this "just a chicken forum". It seems to me that this is only "just a chicken forum" when politics or censorship comes up. The threads i've been involved with that get shut down have not been "out of control" by any stretch of the imagination. It's as if there's some secret that only a few know about and when they let on that they might know something, they are quickly ushered out of the room for fear that they will tell the rest of the group. The post i just posted asking if a thread would be possible to have some free discussion without persecution was moved right away. Was it out of control? Was it getting out of hand? Did anyone even have a chance to read it or respond? Was the content so over the top that it needed to be censored? Did i use bad language? Was i insighting a riot? No, i was asking a question that could have been anwered with a very simple, "no, that's not possible" or god forbid "sure, if people want to interact with the others they've come to know and respect without the fear of being shut down in regards to their opinions on a social or political subject without having to go into some new board where they don't know anyone, go right ahead." I'm sure this reply of mine will not even be posted for anyone to read due to it's "racey" nature, and it's a shame. I know things won't change, but i feel the need to speak up about it. A lot of us do. The mods are just the only ones that ever get the chance to read them. It's a shame.

See the report button? If it is used we investigate. We do not read every thread. Believe me, we get reports the minute a potentially southern heading post is made.

There is no thinly veiled message. Read my post again. As long as a thread stays civil it will be left open.

The rules are the rules set forth by the owner of this Privately Owned Message board.

**edited to add....this thread was moved to the appropriate forum for the topic.
And you will note that despite your rudeness, this thread is still open.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom