I have a slow growing chick

TTL

Chirping
Apr 1, 2022
My little Cochin (SweetPea) doesn't appear to be growing like the other chicks. They are 2 weeks today. I've given her nutridrench, egg yoke,as well as vitamin B as she was not standing up or walking around as much either. She's eating drinking and pooping. I just worry as the other chicks seem to step over her or on her on occasion. Her sister didn't make the it and passed the 1st week, so wondering can this be failure to thrive?
Anything else I can try?

Thank you. I actually didn't realize that the white cochin are considered Bantams. Newbie here:). Thank you so much I feel better knowing she will grow at her own pace. I have added Sav-A-chick to the water.

I think there’s a misunderstanding (“little” Sweetpea). If you bought her as a Cochin, then she’s likely standard size unless you bought her as a bantam. Hopefully she’s just slow growing, but with the other issues mentioned, I’d be concerned she is FTT 💕

I think there’s a misunderstanding (“little” Sweetpea). If you bought her as a Cochin, then she’s likely standard size unless you bought her as a bantam. Hopefully she’s just slow growing, but with the other issues mentioned, I’d be concerned she is FTT 💕
I didn't buy her as a bantam.i just rechecked my order just in case. She is standard. I've been thinking it might be failure to thrive:(

Attachments

• 20220509_192643.jpg
    20220509_192643.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220509_192637.jpg
    20220509_192637.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom