Hatch-Along - I have babies due on Tue. Feb 19 anyone else hatching same day?

I candled day 16 for 1/2 my batch (8 eggs) day 14 for the other( 6 eggs),( I have a separate hatcher for after day 18), all eggs show blood veins, 3 of my day 16 look right on schedual, the others air cell has not shrunk, but it is day 16 so I have a couple of days to get it down, I have the vents open, and they will get there.

Mine are due on the 20th
fl.gif
Pam

Maybe someone here can answer- I've posted on another incubating/hatching egg, but haven't gotten much of an answer. You know when you are a first time incubator mom, you want to know NOW- lol I'm gonna copy/post my question.....
Hi- Forgive me if this has been answered a million times, or is on an egg chart that I haven't seen- I've been looking before I put the question on here :). This is my second time trying to incubate eggs. First time was a disaster, no eggs hatched. This time,I'm candling. I have 10 viable eggs (shipped eggs). 2, I have questions about. They are on day 17. I looked at them today, before I put them on lock down tomorrow. 1 has air cells on both ends of the egg. I can still see veins, but only the middle of the egg has mass. Another eggs is full of chick, but the air cell is at the wrong end (the narrow part of the egg). Are those eggs ok? The will be laid sideways during lockdown (Hovabator LG)

Thanks- Pam (anxious potential chick mom)

Pam

by day 17 you should not be able to see through your egg, it may be a slow developer and it won't be ready for lock down because there is too much fluid in there.

there is not an air cell at the pointed egg that is clear fluid. I had a hatching book, and they said those are still alive but probably wont hatch.

i have some in the incubator that are due on the 18th and a few under a broody hen that should hatch on the 19th. eggs are delawares, delawareXaustralorp, and f2 cubalaya/thai grades.

Back
Top Bottom