I HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICTURES

Poison Ivy

Crowing
16 Years
May 2, 2007
Naples, Florida
I have a bantam that went broody on me a month ago. So I let her set on 2 eggs as a trial run to see how it would go. Well I checked them daily and gather the extra eggs out of the nest. I came home today to gather the eggs and I saw a broken shell. My heart sank thinking the one finally broke that had the crack in it that I fixed with wax. I lifted her up to get the egg out and see a yellow chick and a black chick. Oh happy day!!!!! Both look good but the yellow one is alot smaller then the black one. I have to go to my sons baseball game but I will take a few pictures and post them later tonight. I just wanted to share my good news. Twila

The little yellow one is doing alot better since I brought them in the house I think it was to hot in the coop.
now to think up some great names.

102_0329.jpg

102_0330.jpg

102_0331.jpg

Last edited:
thats so cool, i hope you enjoy the 2 new "bundles of joy" plz post pics i can't wait to see
smile.png

big_smile.png
one hour later
smile.png
one hour later :| one hour later (waiting for pics)
sad.png
last hour :mad:--hope you post pics
big_smile.png
lol

Last edited:
Sorry I took so long but it was the last game for Matt's baseball season and they had a pizza party after. All I could think about was getting home to check on my babies. Oh and his team won! lol

Tell your son CONGRATS!!! Hope they had a great pizza party too!

The babies are BEAUTIFULL! They are definately as different as day and night...hey, how about Sunny and Luna for names!? LOL

Did you take them from Mom? I was just wondering, alot of people take them and raise them in the brooder. Mine one lonely chick hatched out May 5 and I let her stay with Mom. I just love going down and seeing them together.

No mom & chicks are in the crate in the guest room where its nice & cozy and very quite. I checked them twice this morning and they are getting around great. I was worried about the little yellow one but it must have only been hours old when I got home. Its walking around and peeping. But it is so much smaller then the black one. I guess the black one is a Black star sex link chick. Have no idea what the yellow one is. I have BR, black stars, black giant,SLW, RIR,Buff Orp. & A delaware roo. So which one has yellow chicks with strips. I know its not from my EE's because the eggs were brown eggs that hatched. Anybody care to guess???

the yellow one is probably a buff orpington with "interesting" 9and very pretty) markings, i may completly off on this, but couldn't it still have been an americana, if the female lays browns eggs it woulden't matter right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom