I have dancers!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Yup I have about 10 girls doing the egg dance and I mean dancing. they squat and it is thump thump thump thump thump. They are just too cute. Only two of my big girls actually 'dance' and thump the others just squat but these little girls are dancing fools. [​IMG]

This was the haul from the coop at 7:00 am this morning....the one on top left is not white it is a light cream color and just beautiful. I get on average 3 double yolked eggs per day. Amazing girls.

[​IMG]

I have 10 big girls laying and 4 of my little girls so a dozen eggs in the morning out of 14 laying is not a bad ratio. Good girls.

Anyone else have thumping dancers?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    That is too funny Cet'....nice range of colors on those eggs!!!

My chickens seem to do the "I've got to go to the bathroom" dance as they all wait to use one nest even though there is 6 available!

...silly birds.... [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I hear ya...I found four black australorps in one milk crate the other day and another BA and a SLW standing there trying to get in it too. Silly silly girls.

PS . I love all the different colors the girls provide. I want to add a maran or a welsummer and get a few really dark brown eggs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  4. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    lol you should take a vid of them dancing and show us [​IMG]

5. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    Okay, I noticed one of your brown eggs has some white speckles on it. Do you get that a lot. Most of my brown eggs that I get have white speckles...what causes that?

Lori

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I am thinking about that very thing...I want to get video of my little rooster doing his 'wheeze' after he crows. It is like he is trying to catch his breath after putting everything into his little crow. [​IMG] he is trying to intimidate/impress the 2 yr old BO Roo next door. LOL

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I get about 3 of those per week. Not sure why it happens. I also have a brown egg with dark speckles on it but none od the breeds I have are supposed to lay speckled eggs. Good question...maybe we should pose that question in the egglaying forum?

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    my 11 yr DD does that dance too....the minute she gets off the school bus...oh, wait, that's different!

congrats! how awesome! eggs!

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Hmmmn. This morning I had an 'echo' after my rooster crowed that I thought was one of the hens trying to answer him. But maybe he was gasping for air? He's a d'Uccle and he sure makes a big sound for someone so small!

Funny thing, after he realized I was standing outside the coop I didn't hear the echo any more....

10. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I am thinking about that very thing...I want to get video of my little rooster doing his 'wheeze' after he crows. It is like he is trying to catch his breath after putting everything into his little crow. [​IMG] he is trying to intimidate/impress the 2 yr old BO Roo next door. LOL

HAHA you degginatly should take a video! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by