I Have Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ange, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ange

ange Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    CORNING NY
    i AM like a little child in a toy store, My chcickens 9 month old rir, which I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT not laying. YesterdAY i found in the nesting box 2 eggs, little ones about the size of a small size eggs bought in store. And today nanother one. My question is how come I have 3 rir, which I think laiud them, and today just one. Does that mean that yesterday 2 od the rir laid eggs and today the other one did?> Or how does it work? They laiod in the same nesting boxes. Another is how come yesterdays eggs were 2 side by side. DOEWS IT MEAN THAT ONE RIR laid then left and another rir came and laid next to it. thanks for info

2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Yes the first 2 were laid by 2 different RIRs. The one the next day could be any of them. RIRs usually lay 1 egg every 25 hours but with new layers and cold weather that can be thrown off. Once the weather warms up and they get a little older thay will lay on a regular schedule.
    CONGRATS on your first eggs! That's always so exciting!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    First eggs are the best! No more free loaders! [​IMG]

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Yes. They like to lay where others have already laid because that makes it "safer".

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Congratulations!! [​IMG] I got my first today! It feels great, doesn't it!

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    It's like when young girls start their cycles... you just never know when or where. They will mellow out in a while. [​IMG] In any case CONGRATS [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by