I have eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Exiled in the NW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Exiled in the NW

Exiled in the NW New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    The first time i thought about having a backyard coup full of chickens, i lived within the city limits. Fearing not being able to understand the requirements imposed by the city, i never dared. Besides, i live the Pacific Northwest, i mean it rains most of the time, not much sunshine, what chicken would like to live in this environment. Well this year all of that changed. I chose to build a Chicken coup out of an old aluminum tool shed. I cut some holes, built some nests, built a run and prayed for the best. I expected to lose my first crop of chickens within weeks. Well i wish to inform that all 18 of my chicks have survived a rather cold and wet spring, to be starting to produce eggs. Between 4-6 a day, and i suspect soon to be producing a dozen or more eggs a day. im soo proud of them and i truely love them.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG] and congratulations on your eggs. There are lots of people from the Pacific NW here!

3. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    gratz [​IMG]

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    That's wonderful! Congrats on taking the plunge, AND the new eggs, And a job well done! [​IMG]

What a great feeling to finally see the fruits of your and their labor.

Oh and [​IMG] !!

(How did I mistakenly think this thread was in chicken behaviors?? LOL [​IMG] ...hi everyone [​IMG])

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana! And congrats!! It's a great feeling huh??

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

that's fun! [​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. pinky_toe

pinky_toe New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    Gratz, first timer myself. Can't wait for my first egg.. in approximately 4 months or so. Maybe I'll bronze it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by