I have everything ready… except chicks- help!

I know how you feel last year was the same just keep calling tractor supply! It will come! We called every day for a few days infill they got buff orpingtons! I know it’s hard to wait but that’s the quickest way to get them the hatcheries take so long!!!!
We have Rural King as well as TS. I bought 12 chicks from Rural King $4.99 each on two separate occasions a week apart. TS had chicks las Wed and yesterday and sold out 200 last Wednesday and 100 yesterday before closing each day. Not sure of their prices on chicks, but will call and try again. There is a feed store that may have live chicks and Southern States. - Almost all of your local outlets have orders in and account for the apparent 'shortages' online "Not 'till June," responses, etc.

Plug in your Zip Code and googol "live chicks" and see what comes up - there may be another retail outlet near you. Also, if you have more than one TS in your area - call each of them in case they get their chicks in on a different day of the week then the others.

Put a search in on Craigslist as well - cant hurt.

We have Rural King as well as TS. I bought 12 chicks from Rural King $4.99 each on two separate occasions a week apart. TS had chicks las Wed and yesterday and sold out 200 last Wednesday and 100 yesterday before closing each day. Not sure of their prices on chicks, but will call and try again. There is a feed store that may have live chicks and Southern States. - Almost all of your local outlets have orders in and account for the apparent 'shortages' online "Not 'till June," responses, etc.

Plug in your Zip Code and googol "live chicks" and see what comes up - there may be another retail outlet near you. Also, if you have more than one TS in your area - call each of them in case they get their chicks in on a different day of the week then the others.

Put a search in on Craigslist as well - cant hurt.
Guess what!!!! I found some at the next closest tractor supply near me! I’m going to make a post shortly!!!

Try Seabreeze. They are taking pre-orders for March and have many wonderful breeds. They are located in TX and charge a very reasonable amount for shipping.

They also have a few 1-week olds available now.

https://www.seabreezehens.com/
Have you bought birds from her before?

I highly recommend doing a quick search about this place before you make the mistake of buying from there.

Both tractor supply’s in my area sold out of their chicks yesterday as soon as they got them in. I’m looking for 6, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to get them, or a hatchery online that lets you buy less than 10 and has some in stock for this or next month. I checked Meyers and the rep said the earliest is June for Plymouth Rocks. I’d like them sooner, what would you guys suggest? Tractor supply
Said to call them on Mondays to see when their shipment is coming in. I think at this point maybe the best thing to do is just wait outside the day they have them. 😩 I’m getting so anxious!! I want those chicks!

Thanks all !
You might try a local farm supply or feed and seed store (if you have one nearby). Tried TSC for weeks. No luck with hatcheries either. Wait time was months. Local places seem to be a smaller target on folks radar and that is usually the last place people think about. Walked right in to my local farm supply and bought mine. No waiting. Mine came from one of the big hatcheries just like the ones at TSC. Bought 50. No issues with any of the birds. Good luck.

I just got three chicks they are two weeks almost three I got them Sunday!!! They are sooooo cute I had to give my rooster away I was heartbroken but he doesn’t do well with little kids and he was hurting the hens but the lady who took him gave me three chicks they are calico Cochins and one frizzle Cochin!! Their names are Amelia violet and Natasha nicknamed Nat Nat!!!
E7AD7D81-470D-44C6-A995-13F5CF7F0F78.jpeg
F8890554-1601-4260-AA10-5CD3E28496F9.jpeg

Both tractor supply’s in my area sold out of their chicks yesterday as soon as they got them in. I’m looking for 6, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to get them, or a hatchery online that lets you buy less than 10 and has some in stock for this or next month. I checked Meyers and the rep said the earliest is June for Plymouth Rocks. I’d like them sooner, what would you guys suggest? Tractor supply
Said to call them on Mondays to see when their shipment is coming in. I think at this point maybe the best thing to do is just wait outside the day they have them. 😩 I’m getting so anxious!! I want those chicks!

Thanks all !
I reallly loke Meyers hatchery

Thanks all !

Thanks all !
I ordered mine from my pet chicken.com. I got the recommendation for them from another lady I saw in a beginner chicken raising video and she said she had really good experience with them, even over other places. You may have to wait for them to hatch, I know mine won't be here until July, but maybe the wait just makes it sweeter when you finally get them.

It happened to me too and it sucks but you just gotta start by hatching them yourself... once you do it once, you have that self sufficiency skill forever.

Back
Top Bottom