I HAVE FRIZZLED SILKIES! now if I just understood the different types

Quote:
Front is a Sizzle - normal chicken feathers that also curl with Silkie features. Back is a sizzle - smooth normal feathers, silkie features.

Frilkie is silkie feathered but the silly hairy stuff curls - usually super ugly as babies.

Frazzle - two curly birds mated producing one with two curly genes - ugly, fragile, often frail birds. Love my ugly blue boy.

You can have frizzled any breed, frizzle cochin, frizzle serama...

But if you do frizzle a silkie then you start down the slippery slope of the new breed forming - Sizzles

Warning, sizzling is addictive.... very very addictive. Very. They're going to take over the world.

Quote:
ahhhhh such cuties.
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

I still dont know what to call mine after reading the posts

they have all silkie traits (are 100% silkie) but have the fizzle gene that is showing.

sizzles or frilkies?

I think yours are Sizzles because I think the difference between Sizzle and Frilkie is the feather type. If it is a normal frizzle feather it is is Sizzle but if it is a silkie typed feather that is frizzled then it is a Frilkie. At least that is all I can figure out from these posts. I hope someone comes on and posts a picture of a Frilkie so we can know for sure.

Quote:
They are called sizzles.
If they are pure silkie with a frizzle= sizzle

any other breed with a frizzle is called=frizzle & and what ever that breed is.

for example a cochin with a frizzle is a frizzled cochin.
and a polish with the frizzle is called a frizzled polish

BUT If you want to get technical, in the apa in show it would have to be listed as a frizzled silkie. They are not listed yet under sizzle, but a lot of hard workers on the breed are trying to get it approved.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom