I have had it with professional victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikerchick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Dover, PA
Some people I know just can't take responsibility for their own actions. They always play victim. THEY are always treated unfairly. THEY are never understood. EVERYONE takes advantage of them, is mean to them, fails to understand them. They don't see their own role in their little dramas and are always seeking pity.

how do you handle people like this?

If it's a teen I chalk it up to age and hormone crazy, it it's over 21 it's a lack of self reflection and insight, if it's someone I'm dating, I dump them.

If it's someone you must deal with, say at work, then nod sympthetically, and say you're right in the middle of blank so you'll have to talk later.

Quote:
I am right in the middle of blank as we speak!!!
wink.png

We have Queen Highdramaneeds here at work. I stopped paying much attention to her when her life starts falling apart, which is daily. Now she saves it all for my boss who hasn't learned how to turn her back on this woman. Tune it out.

Some people will ALWAYS thrive on drama.

Quote:
Some people live for drama.
Some people live to always be right about everything.
I live for onion rings from the Yardarm restaurant.

Quote:
Some people live for drama.
Some people live to always be right about everything.
I live for onion rings from the Yardarm restaurant.

Lately I live for tuna sandwiches with dill pickles from Deli-Licious

I have found there are lots of people play many "cards" and the victim card has got to be the top three that get on my nerves. How to deal with them, I'm not sure but I will keep an eye on this thread and see if anybody else has a good idea. !!!
caf.gif

I don't mind lending an ear once in awhile but sooner or later you gotta move on. If you're going to just go static and continue to live in the moment that hurt you you're going to get left behind by those of us who are still moving forward.
I once went to a support group that was supposed to help me deal with some stuff. Wrong. All these people were doing was repeating the same victim stories week after week after week. Not for me.

Quote:
I dunno man, your last GF was a bit nutty. Maybe not the victim card, but for sure the I am a freaked out nutball one.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom