I have had it !!!

I agree, leave the birds out of it: the dog came onto your property and threatened you, who wouldn't shoot the darn pitbull in self-defense/

If animal control told you to do what you had to do...shoot the danged thing. It should not be on yoru property period. Protect your birds and property...drop the dog. if the owner's cared about the dog, they would not let it run loose.

I have killed two dogs on my property for going after my birds and one came after me. I will not tolerate it...it should be at home not on my property messing with my pets or myself.

I would also give that neighbor one warning and one only that he best keept is gun pointed away from my turkeys as well. The nerve of that ass.

Last edited:
what is SSS? did you speak with the girlfriend of the neighbor. you should talk to her and warn her if it happens again then you will shoot on sight! If she loves her dog it will not happen again. at least give her a chance. does she eve know whats going on? i would want my neighbor to speak with me first. i have a american bulldog and he is wonderful with the girls but he looks at the neighbors chickens with hunger in his eyes. if he got out i bet he would try to eat one of them since they are not a member of our family. but i would hope the neighbor would work with me. of course he has never gotten out before. but i love my dog and train him well. maybe she just needs to be spoken to at least then she will know its coming

SSS means Shoot Shovel and Shut Up

If animal control went over to warn them, the neighbor and the live in have had warning.

oh. well i still think you should talk to the girlfriend. then she can choose to do something about it or not... and if not then SSS

im glad you followed all the legal means i would do the same and then talk with the nebiors and let them know if i catch that mut on my property im going to wak him one ak round right threw thew skull

i had the same problem. I documented each occurance, reported each occurance with the sheriffs dept. and billed them the full replacement cost plus travel expenses to purchase the replacements. I told them they could either pay up or I would take them to small claims. I also told them that the next time the dog showed up if they didnt pay up they could pick their dog up at the end of my drive way(deceased). I havent had a problem since I walked a $213 dollar invoice to them for my losses. I hate to be harsh but I put lots of work into my operation and I will not sit back and allow careless dog owners to let their dogs ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom