I have lots of chickens sneezing tonight, watery/foamy eyes.

I just had the same thing and found a very quick cure:

6 gloves of garlic
tsp oregano oil
1 cup vinegar
2 cups water

Blend all and add cornmeal.

The chickens go crazy for this stuff and in 2 days mine were all running around just like normal!!
Cure for what? The OP hasn't gotten the results from the necropsy yet to know what the pathogen was.

I am not sure how to read these results. Got them today.

Attachments

• 5D460B36-1BF0-4BF5-A5C5-04D882523C19.jpeg
    5D460B36-1BF0-4BF5-A5C5-04D882523C19.jpeg
    528.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 97A30F1C-E8A3-45FD-B791-E4912B794748.jpeg
    97A30F1C-E8A3-45FD-B791-E4912B794748.jpeg
    577.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for posting the necropsy results. Infectious laryngo tracheitis otherwise called ILT. It is a contagious respiratory disease which can be mild or severe. Caused by a virus, it is not treatable with antibiotics. Did you see any bloody mucus from the beak during the illness? Here is some reading about ILT:
https://www.extension.umd.edu/sites...programs/poultry/ILT Know the Symptoms....pdf
I didn’t see any blood from the beak at all. I saw a couple bloody booger streaks (from when she would sneak and shake her head) in the tub from another chicken but not this specific one that the results are from.

I don’t know how they even would get this. None of my new birds showed any signs of being sick. And I’ve had them since the summer with no issues. And actually none of them even got sick really that I can remember.

Hello I had a Flock infected with that. Some might die from the disease. What happens is secondary infection and that can be cured with antibiotics but the disease remains in the flock. They are carriers for life. Either put down the flock and wait a few months before getting anymore birds or keep them as a closed flock which means don't add or sell any more birds.

I don’t know how they even would get this. None of my new birds showed any signs of being sick. And I’ve had them since the summer with no issues. And actually none of them even got sick really that I can remember.
Can be picked up on your shoes..Car tires.. wild birds too..possibly were carriers for it and stress brought out the symptoms.

If you got the birds from another person, their birds might have been exposed to carriers in their flock. With a disease like this, I would either cull all birds, or close the flock until all birds are gone. The others may survive for years, who knows, and lay eggs for you. But do not rehome any or sell them. Any new hatched chicks or any brought in would be exposed to it.

Back
Top Bottom