I have no clue what to do with these degus........

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by JimnJanet, Mar 18, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    But...Boo say they're sure fun to stare at all day long [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Build a top for the tank, mine loved to climb.

dont feed them anything sweet, they are like diabetics, much sugar and they will get sick.

4. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Best advice ever, buy a wheel!!! As strong of a metal wheel as you can, they will eat any type of wheel, including wire wheels. They will run for hours! One of mine would hop onto the top of her wheel and run up there. Never did get inside of it, silly girl. I miss my goos...

5. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    It's now 2347 and boo's still starin, he has not moved from that spot all day [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    It's goggie telebision!

(We have kittay telebision at our place.) [​IMG]

7. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:If yer anywheres near me yer welcome to 'em girl. I know what'll happen iffin i keep 'em. This time next year there won't be four, there'll be 40 !!!!! Coz i know the first time i pick one up and look at it i'l name it and well, y'all know where that goes. [​IMG]

8. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:Thanx for the advice. Is cracked corn high in sugar ?? they've been gobblin it.

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Corn is good, just avoid the food where its got molasas mixed in, raisins, etc...

There are no books out there to help, we just did the google thing, and went from there. If you got them young you shouldnt have 40 within a year, my two girls took almost a year before they started having babies. Took those to pet store, then with second set of babies 3 each time, I joked that I wanted to take whole family to pet store, the pet store Manager said sure, so that is how I got out of Degues, traded for 3 girl gerbils, so far no babies. [​IMG]

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Talk about 40 in a year... I started with ONE male Russian dwarf hamster... well... it turned out to be a female... pregnant, and before I got the babies out... the little boys had bred all the girls! [​IMG] And they all had HUGE litters of like 7 pups!!! I very quickly solved my problem after my friend got a snake though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by