I have no idea of breed

gsm1sw

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
I inherited a hen with peeps but have no clue what breed she is. any help appreciated. She is @ half the size of my barred rock. The chicks are now a month old in the bottom pic.

I inherited a hen with peeps but have no clue what breed she is. any help appreciated. She is @ half the size of my barred rock. The chicks are now a month old in the bottom pic.

She's small because she's a bantam. I can't quite tell you exactly what kind because she kind of reminds me of a dutch and a game...she's speckled/spangled...I can tell you that...lol

Last edited:
I'd say a game bantam mix.

By the way,
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I'll post again when the chicks grow out a bit more. Maybe the males will have some more attributes to go on. She is a great little bird regardless of breed.

She looks like a dutch bantam bedsides the speckles. She is probably a mix between a dutch bantam and something else.

Here is a pic of my Dutch Bantam, Appropriately named Duchess.

She looks like a dutch bantam bedsides the speckles. She is probably a mix between a dutch bantam and something else.

Here is a pic of my Dutch Bantam, Appropriately named Duchess.

I'm sorry to say, this bird is not a Dutch Bantam. True, it has slate legs, but slate legs don't make a Dutch Bantam. Dutch should have white earlobes (this one has red earlobes). Body type isn't quite right either (tail too short, long legs). She's a pretty little bantam, but she isn't a Dutch Bantam. I think that she, like the other bird in this thread, is a Old English Game or Old English Game mix.

Back
Top Bottom