I Have NO Self Control!!!

They never do!
big_smile.png
I don't think any chicken owners have self control. Even my friends who swore they'd only keep 2 hens are up too 5-6 a piece now.
lau.gif

Sonja

I'm sorry I can't help you. I have the same issue.
hide.gif

I have 7 hens in my coop (rooster in solitary confinement pen). The coop can hold 20, so I've been on a spring chicken hunt.

Problem is. . .
- picking up 4 hens Saturday (must not look at her others for sale! Just say "no." )
- 2 Silkies coming Saturday
- 8 chicks coming from hatchery March 24
- 4 juveniles on order from a hatchery
- 12 hatching eggs coming in April
- and I volunteered to take unknown number of EE chicks from a classroom hatching project in April

I've never been good at math, but the numbers just don't balance, so I'm looking at a small prefab barn. This addiction is expensive!
barnie.gif

My husband asked last night what I was going to do with all the chicks in the bator when they hatch. I replied that I was going to keep a pullet or two to add to our layers, and put the rest in the freezer. To my surprise, since he talked me out of chickens many, MANY times, he said, "Don't you want to keep all the pullets for layers?" Well, of course that means building more coop space - but when I told him, he said he didn't mind, he'd rather have more eggs.

Finally my evil plan to convert him to a chicken lover has worked!
wink.png
(But it does not help break the chick/egg purchasing addiction!)

The biggest problem is that more chickens mean more, bigger, better coops. I'm already working on a bantam coop, and have a thrid coop plan in the works. I think I'll have to build to bigger than planned now.

My hubby has stopped questioning the chicken addiction. I think he figures as long as I'm happy EVERYONE is happy
wink.png
. When I brought home a surprise sebright last week all he said was "that's good."
lol.png
(cue evil laugh)
Sonja

I have that same problem. Started with 32 babies, 3 died, got 31 more, none have died so have 60 chickies in the brooder. Hubby didn't think I could keep them alive, so he's shocked and coming over to the darkside with me. He even helped change the bedding in brooder!! After all the talk of they are my full responsibility....
clap.gif
Yeah right. He loves the little fuzzy butts too!! I'm showing great restraint on getting anymore. Just glad I live in a small town and neither one of our feed stores are getting chicks. Don't want an incubator, cause I'd be buying eggs all the time. Hoping one will get broody eventually and I can have babies around that way.

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

GOTTA LOVE FUZZY BUTT ADDICTION!!

We need a 12 step program for this!!

lil'chickies :

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

GOTTA LOVE FUZZY BUTT ADDICTION!!

We need a 12 step program for this!!

FUZZY BUTT ADDITION 12 STEP PROGRAM:
Step 1: Admit you have a problem.
Step 2: Admit you have a problem to the enablers on your favorite message board. They will nullify the "dark side" of the problem, and introduce you to a new breed of chick you don't have ... yet...
Step 3: Purchase new chick that you learned of in step 2.
Step 4: Deal with coop crowding situations after the fact.
Step 5: ????​

Back
Top Bottom