I have noticed this about BYC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I have noticed the same thing. It is really to bad.

I love the fighting smilies.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I totally agree! Why can't people just post their opinion without tearing someone else apart. The arguments usually take the focus off the good information being offered.

idunno.gif

From the BYC Rules:

BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.

Please remember that you agreed to the rules pertaining to this privately-owned message board when you registered. Thank you for understanding! ~Lisa~

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to be polite in my responses, though I do enjoy a good debate. I don't think that I have ever put someone down for something they have said, though I may post a differing point of view. Who knows though, perhaps there have been times I thought I sounded reasonable; but to someone else I sounded snarky. It is so hard to judge tone in the written word.

Quote:
that's exactly what causes most of the greif. there aren't enough smileys in the universe to take the place of a face to face discussion. you read your own posts and you read the response and DANG !! it's the same voice ! you're arguing with yourself !!!! that alone is enough to drive you nuts.
lol.png

Quote:
You are so right in that. I always try to think of the different ways they could be saying it, instead of always taking it rudely right from the get go. But there are always going to those rude people around, and I just try to ignore it and keep my head up high. Why would I let them ruin my day? You just have to chuckle, and just keep moving on with your day
smile.png

Are you reading/scanning all the threads? Or just certain types of threads? I see very few that are that way, compared to the huge number that are posted every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom