I have pipping and peeping again (**UPDATE- PICS ADDED**)

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I just had a batch of 6 silkie chicks hatch in 2 batches of 3 each and have them all under one mama. (3 were in the incubator and 3 were hers anyway) Now I have another silkie broody on 4 more silkie eggs that are peeping and pipping. I moved her into the house today because it was pretty windy and cool this morning. I am at work and I am dying to know what is going on???? Now I will have like 10 babies if these all hatch. And another silkie broody on 6 silkie eggs and jaynie is sending me faverolle eggs tomorrow. I have completely lost it. But isn't it fun?? I can't wait till my dh gets home at 3pm so he can tell me what the heck is happening. I need one of those cameras everyone puts in the hatchers so I could put it under her butt. I could hide it in a fake egg or something. The waiting is so hard.

Think about me today while I suffer.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Marie

Last edited:
Come on little chickies.
jumpy.gif

I was outside all weekend and took some pics but have not had time to upload them. But those little fuzzy butts running around with mama pecking and going on is the cutest thing ever. I just love it. I sat out there for hours just watching them. Once I put her and all 6 chicks in my lap and they all went to sleep including mama. I did not have anyone to take a picture. But I will never forget it. Too cute. I also have goat babies due in a few weeks and I can feel babies in there, I am so excited.

Marie

Well, I do alot of times. I did take a lot of pcs this weekend and need to get them uploaded. I just did not have anyone out there to take one of her in my lap asleep. She had her neck stretched out on my arm and there were babies under her and sticking out in front asleep. Very sweet. I got some of the goats too, but they are as hard to take pics of because they are climbing me to see if I have food. The follow my every step like a shadow. They are all spoiled.

Marie

Well, it is pretty funny. so that is ok. I am chicken crazy, like the rest of the folks here I guess. Everyone thinks I am really crazy here at work when I talk about all my animals. My family is in shock because I grew up in the city and never liked getting dirty until I was probably 25 or so. Now I love outside and animals and stay dirty all the time. The country was in me all along I guess, I just had to move here to find it.

Marie

Here are some pics of my latest hatches. The first picture is of my broody hen who hatched 3 chicks about 4 days ago and she is also fostering 3 chicks I hatched in the bator a few days before that. So six total. She is a frizzle silkie. Not the best picture but it is hard to get them still.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/marie_martin/?action=view&current=IMG_0065.jpg

Here are a couple of the 4 that hatched last night under my second broody. They are all either light blue or splash? What do you think? I don't have any white silkies. Only black and blue.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/marie_martin/?action=view&current=IMG_0103.jpg

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/marie_martin/?action=view&current=IMG_0097.jpg

Thanks for looking. This is so much fun. I have more on the way too.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom