I HAVE POSTED EVERYWHERE AND NO ONE HAS ANSWERED/ PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT BREEDS MY CHICKS ARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countrymanfowl

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Brockville, On
I have some pics of them and if you can tell which breeds they are that would be great! I'll try to add a description on the chicks aswell. The descriptions are below the pictures, not above.

This one is a bantam and looks pretty much like the one below but with feathered legs. Now idea what it is.

This one looks like the bantam chick above but without the feathered legs. Too my knowledge, it isn't a bantam. I have no idea what this one is. It is the friendliest chick in the bunch.

These two chicks have all balck feathers. This picture is a week earlier than now, and they are both much darker. The legs are dark also. Their beak is not all yellow, but has a bit of black on some parts of the beak.

This one is really skittish. It has some feathers now and they are all the same color as the chick pictured.

This one has clean legs. I'm wondering if it would be a barred plymouth rock or something, but i don't know.

Here they are all together with Bonnie!

So if anyone could shed some light on to what possible breed these chicks could be, that would be very helpful! Thanks so much and i hope to hear from you soon!

The newbie here doesn't know squat about chicks but I sure know a beautiful hen when I see it. Your Bonnie is absolutely gorgeous. What is her breed?

Hi,
The top chick is an e+ locus partridge of some breed. I am not familiar with a bantam feather-footed partridge breed. maybe check at feathersite.com
Best,
Karen

Many Bantams are not pure .. they are just labled bantams knowing they will be SMALL .. They have all sorts of mixed up fun sweet chickens when you buy out of a Bantam box I have several right now that I just call Bantams as some have feathered feet some dont.. you will most certainly get some beautiful Pure bantams that can be identified. But when asking for help Identifying them its great if you can get a nice close up of the chicken only that shows their ear lobes and feet ..Then I am sure you will get more acurate guesses ; ) I Love Bonnie now I want some Mille Fleur Barbu D'uccle .. Add it to my wish list lol

The 2nd one is an Old English Game Bantam. The theoretical Rock chick is a boy, whatever he is.

If it is as said. That or a Dutch Bantam. If it has no beard/muffs, no feathered legs, and a single comb, sure. They're quite common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom