I have the best wife in the world....

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Saturday was a birthday party for a friend at work. Her daughter printed up fliers and directions and we were all to meet at the moose lodge! I'd been there a few times with my Lovely wife, so this weekend was going to be nothing different other than having more work friends there. Saturday afternoon rolls around and I have a fever. I felt horrible for not being able to go but my wife went in my place (as she knew 1 or two others there). You won't believe what she did..

Today was my birthday (10/3) and I do not celebrate it. I haven't for a long time.. Since about the time my son was first diagnosed with cancer on my birthday. Five years ago today my son went into remission, once again on my birthday. So despite my tradition of not celebrating it for those reasons today was different.

My wife set up (without me figuring it out) for my entire crew plus other team members in the plant to surprise me on our first break of the night. I was paged to the break room.. Which wasn't all that odd, I get all the complaints, listen to folks who's lunch was stolen, note the mess somebody else left behind yada yada yada..

So I walk in and they started singing..

and the cuppycakes were everywhere.

Today was a good day. My wife's birthday is on 10/8..... I don't think I can top this.

I love her!

Quote:
How sweet! You better start thinking of some good ideas for her birthday after that.
big_smile.png

I'm open to suggestions cuz on a moments notice I don't think I can come up with something that cool! I am however.. Going to be babysitting her sisters kids, plus her girlfriends kids so they can all go out for a drink this weekend.. Does that count? 14 kids under the age of 10?

I will have to think about suggestions cuz imma lil um under the bush light right now.
tongue.png

Find out where they're going for drinks and take a cake and flowers in before hand. Then have them carry it all out to her singing.

Back
Top Bottom