I have to talk POLISH!

I'm not sure if this is okay to post, I got these at our local feed store so I am sure they are "hatchery quality" and now show, but I think they're sweet. We've had them for about a week. They said that they were the same age, but the black and white one is much bigger than the others. At what age can you sex Polish?

This one is a Standard Sultan, is that a breed of Polish? Sorry, that's probably a silly question
hide.gif

Th
Glad to have someone to commiserate  with . . just bought our daughter a 2001 Honda Accord for $4,500 and are having issues. Looks like it will be costing us a lot more than we thought :(

By the way, I love the Polish in your avatar! So pretty! 
[/quot
That's joe she is a very docile girl my daughter walks around with her on her sholder

W
I'm not sure if this is okay to post, I got these at our local feed store so I am sure they are "hatchery quality" and now show, but I think they're sweet. We've had them for about a week. They said that they were the same age, but the black and white one is much bigger than the others. At what age can you sex Polish? This one is a Standard Sultan, is that a breed of Polish? Sorry, that's probably a silly question
hide.gif
[/quote With mine I order from hatchery an had them delivered to my local fees an seed mushroom cap girl Mohawk boy well yours are older now an if none of them tops are rounded then I think you got Roos

Welcome
big_smile.png
Of course it is ok to post here. This is the Polish lovers thread. Doesn't matter if they are pet or show quality, they are Polish and so much fun
highfive.gif

Looks to me like your silver laced chick is a rooster and the other two pullets. The roosters seem to have that round, wide eyed look and the pullets a softer look to their eyes. Look for two little round nobs above the nostrils (this will be the comb) and this will indicate it is a rooster. Non bearded Polish pullets have wattles so don't let that fool you.

I have never had Sultans, so I don't know their heritage but they sure look similar to Polish but with feathered feet. Go look on Feathersite.com in the chickens section and they have every breed of chicken with photos and the breeds history. Now I am curious, so I am going to go look
smile.png
I looked and it is an interesting breed that originated in Turkey. I did learn that it went pretty much extinct and other breeds were used to recreate it, so the Sultans of today are not the same as the original birds found in Turkey. So, they could have used Polish, but I cannot find the info to confirm that. Maybe someone who is familiar with this breed will educate us
big_smile.png

I'm not sure if this is okay to post, I got these at our local feed store so I am sure they are "hatchery quality" and now show, but I think they're sweet. We've had them for about a week. They said that they were the same age, but the black and white one is much bigger than the others. At what age can you sex Polish?

This one is a Standard Sultan, is that a breed of Polish? Sorry, that's probably a silly question
hide.gif

Last edited:

hide.gif

A Sultan is a Sultan and is different Breed from a Polish. Why would you be uncertain if you could post pictures of your birds ? Only a minority of people who raise chickens raise birds for show. It is something many of us think of because it is fun but most people do not have the time to do shows. I have gone to a few shows but it takes special energy to actually raise, wash and keep your birds and its feather in perfect shape to show.

Polish is a breed that is tricky to be sure of sex until they are more mature and even then you can be tricked.

Yep that why joe name is joe we thought she was a roo so she actually has two names Josephine an joe well the female name never stuck so its joe

Yep that why joe name is joe we thought she was a roo so she actually has two names Josephine an joe well the female name never stuck so its joe
Yup and I have not see much male activity from my mellow rooster although at one time he did appear male to me and his wattles were red early on.

Back
Top Bottom