1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have to talk POLISH!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HighNDryFarm, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Justuschicks

Justuschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    I just wanted to mention that when I say "cull" I don't mean kill. When I cull something, I am simply removing it from my breeder flock and rehome it. I don't kill my birds unless it is humanely necessary. Like an injury or something.

1 person likes this.
  2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    When I saw this silver laced, all I could think of was Billy The Exterminator!!![/QUOTE]
    Well Billy it is. :) He doesn't have a name yet. Neither does the splash. My WCB Roo is named OZZY and one of my WCB hens is Phoebe. (pronounced FeeBee)

4. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    BEAUTIFUL white frizzle! Is she a standard or bantam?

5. ScaredOfShadows

Standard girl one of a trio my daughter recently got. This girl took Champ Continental last year as a pullet with the breeder I got her from. :)

6. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    ok ScaredOfShadows........Thanks a lot.....I NOW MUST HAVE ONE!!!!! I just love this chicken. I had a beautiful white polish hen(the sweetest thing ever) I lost her to a coccidois. I miss her everyday and NOW i see yours and my heart melts !!!!!! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL AWESOME!!!!!!!! Please keep posting pics!!!!

7. ScaredOfShadows

LOL - these are my daughter's new trio. They are Standard bearded whites, and yes they are beautiful! They have definitely stolen my heart...They haven't laid for me since they've been here (only been 2 weeks now) - and I'm told polish are notoriously bad travelers - they take shipping hard, not to mention they were are molting. But this girl Sugar is only doing a mild molt, the other girl the pullet shes got her first season heavy molt, and is full of quills!

Here is their man Rockstar - he is a gorgeous thing himself.
    [​IMG]
    He is ALWAYS giving me a stink eye...
    [​IMG]
    Here is Lovely the pullet with a very dirty beard and full of quills
    [​IMG]

8. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    Wow, he is nice!

9. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

10. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Rockstar is AWESOME alsooooooo!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by