I have to talk POLISH!

This is my buff laced polish pullet. I was worried that she'd be nervous and flighty, but she turned out to be one of my friendliest birds.
smile.png

She's a beauty!

Crowing started over here at 7 weeks for one roo, around 12 weeks for the next. Now I have a lovely chorus of 4. Heaven help me in spring when I open the windows.
th.gif

I thought it was noisy here!
gig.gif

Here's a terrible picture of my favorite (and loudest) roo Zulu. I was too darn cold to open the door and go in with the camera.

Let's see 1 polish, 2EE, 1 LF Cochin (who hardly ever crows, 1 Welsumer, 2 D'anver, 2 Silkie, 3,d'Uccle, 1 Sultan, and 2 Silkie x d'Uccle. Oh almost forgot the 3 juvenile d'Uccle. 2 Tom Turkeys and a drake. Still when the duck lays her egg she is the loudest. I guess there is something to say for a older brick home with double windows. I don't here the roosters unless I'm already awake. My closest neighbor said they font wake her either so who knows maybe my gang lines to sleep in. The Cochin and Silkie crow less than any of the others and the D'anver the most.

Last edited:
She is a Rouen if that makes any difference. I put my foot down with Guinea. They are very loud. My chickens killed a snake today and my dogs and cats didn't have a tick at all last summer so the chickens are doing a great job on pest control. Its been warm and spring like all weekend. We have a cold front heading in now though. :(

Last edited:
I've been talking about call ducks and so far so good. Of course I will have to wait until spring, we're neck deep in snow still. I've had enough winter already, I want to be able to untarp the runs and be able to see my birds again.

Back
Top Bottom