I have to talk POLISH!

PS - BYC does not allow me to send or receive more than 2 Private Messages in a 24 hour period. If you can post here or provide an alternate means of communication, please let me know. Otherwise, it will take me at least 24 hours to respond to you on BYC via PM.

Hi Tina, it's just as I thought. Post more and your PM limit will be lifted. It's just BYC's protection from spammers. Maybe start a thread of the building that you are converting to a coop. I'm sure that we (BYC members) would love to give you suggestions and share pics.
Anne

Thanks for the input Mycutekitties. I am thinking more and more that she is a he too.
barnie.gif
I have 2 more polish but they are only about 4 weeks old. One is an SL and the other a BCW. Hoping to end up with one pullet. I am thinking if I end up with 3 roos I will be done with Polish because its too much stress having to wait to figure out what they are. I get too attached, then having to get rid of them is so hard. Just cant have any roos. Thanks again....I appreciate it!

Hi Tina, it's just as I thought.   Post more and your PM limit will be lifted.   It's just BYC's protection from spammers.   Maybe start a thread of the building that you are converting to a coop.   I'm sure that we (BYC members)  would love to give you suggestions and share pics.
Anne

Hi Anne,
That's a great idea! I'd love feedback and suggestions from folks on converting our shed and creating the new run. I'll have to get that project going as soon as we get back from vacation.
Regards,
Tina

PS- It was a pleasure to speak with you today. Your generosity and willingness to share so much information is really appreciated. My daughter is so excited to be coming to meet you and your chicks!

One the Crele-ish barred chicks, it would help a whole lot with gender if you had side-view whole body shots, and shots of the back from a slight distance. This color of bird can easily be sexed by general plumage color, and by now should be able to be sexed by feather behavior, such as small saddle feathers coming in between the wings. (glossy, short, triangular, toothy)
Okay, I'll get it done!

Hello everyone! I am new to the chicken world and bought a few of many little chickens for our first time! We have built a coop and we are waiting for our chicks to get older before moving them outside! Although it is warm enough here in texas. I bought these 3 little polish chicks the day they hatched 2 weeks ago. I found a really nice breeder about an hour from my home after my first little chick from Ideal died. These gold laced chicks are 2 weeks old today. The largest chick was born about 12 hrs before the other 2. The largest one is REALLY large thou! Has little stumps for legs compared to the other 2.

I wanted to see what y'all thought of the gender of the chicks! I know its really early!! But I wanted to start my comparison shots. Also, on the smallest chick, it has a really weird little toe that is SOOO crooked. Is there something I can do? It was a tiny bit crooked the first week, but seems more noticeable this week. It also seems like it causing it to be a little clumsy. The smallest one (on the left) seems a little 'faded' like her black is not as black, its colors are more washed out. I took these photos tonight and they were all falling asleep on each other. I thought it was cute. Thank you for any suggestions or ideas. And it is nice to meet everyone.

You can see its little deformed toe in the photo on the left.

It's too early to tell show us again in 1-3 weeks :) the crooked toe shouldn't be a problem. Does the little chick show any others signs of illness. It is probobly not a problem that it's lighter in color

Back
Top Bottom