I hear a duckling chirping and pecking inside egg

Newxxxduck

Chirping
Jul 14, 2018
I don't know how old the eggs in my incubator are. My female duck has been nesting for a while and she ended up being unfit mother so I brought the eggs inside to incubate. I hear a duckling inside an egg chirping and I can feel and hear it pecking. When do I know to help it if at all? I found it like about 7 hours ago. Also what’s the best temperature and humidity point for it now? Thank you!

Has it externally pipped the shell yet?..Ducklings are slow to hatch. Once it pips the shell it can take up to 24 hours before it tries to hatch out.. keep the humidity up and keep waiting.
Yesterday when I first heard and held the egg I noticed the smallest like like peck thing and it spider webbed out very slightly so I took that little piece of the shell off today because it’s been a whole 24 hours and nothing new but I can still hear him chirping. When should I start to get worried?

Yesterday when I first heard and held the egg I noticed the smallest like like peck thing and it spider webbed out very slightly so I took that little piece of the shell off today because it’s been a whole 24 hours and nothing new but I can still hear him chirping. When should I start to get worried?
I once had a duckling hatch fine after taking about 70 hours from external pip to hatch. Two days is not unusual. Ducklings take forever.

Back
Top Bottom