I hope everyone is OK in the tornado belt

Quote:
Amen! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away... It's all part of his plan.
smile.png

My heart goes out to the people in the south. Southern IL has caught quite a bit of nasty the last week. We had two tornados last week and counting the 4 inches of rain last night, we have gotten close to 24" of rain in the last 10 days. Cairo, IL. is just about sunk.

Quote:
Diggypaws checking in - I haven't gotten blown or floated away yet, but I'm getting really tired of having 100 year floods every few years
barnie.gif

The plan was to have some place to take the babies out when they hatched, but the 'babies' are still in the house, in a back closet that doesn't get much natural light, so I left the light on all day. Then during one of many thunderstorms over the last few weeks, we were part of the "widespread power outages".

I had been planning for sure to get to post that night on the Jumbo thread, but instead wound up moving quail chicks around by flashlight and kerosene lamp, and most nights it's so late by the time I get everybody fed and watered, there's just no time for posting on work nights.

And now adding to the chaos in my life, a lot of the roads are closed around here, and sometimes I have to take the long way to work
idunno.gif

I had a strange thing with some of the goldens I hatched last year - in a cage of mixed colors, all four of the gold ones died one night, and the browns and whites in the same pen were fine.

That was during one of the really bad thunderstorms, (but I don't think the first) so maybe they had heart attacks, or spooked and hit their heads or something.

But that seems like such a little thing, compared to the human loss down south.....

Back
Top Bottom