I just ate my first Muscovy... (don't look if you love Muscovies!)

Quote:
It means really proud of yourself, but in a really childish excited way... like.. like when you get a gold star on your test when you're 8... or when you succeed at doing a cartwheel. You wouldn't be chuffed over a promotion (well, you would be, but you would probably say proud, not chuffed) but you'd be totally chuffed if you got 3 bullseyes in a row in darts.
tongue.png

It's British.

And you should be chuffed, that looks lovely!!
Last year i hatched 3 indian runner X eggs, they were all boys so i couldn't keep them. So, we ate them and they were the loveliest duck i EVER had!!!
Might hatch some more just for the meat and i like the though of duck feather pillows!!

Quote:
Three full grown males should make one nice pillow! I like mine pretty stuffed too, so her making me 1/3rd a pillow is probably her making someone else 1/2 of one... but I figure if I'm going to have a duck down pillow, it's going to be one HECK of a duck down pillow.

Full recipe coming soon!

I now wonder what other fresh homekilled ducks taste like. I always heard muscovy was INCREDIBLE and now I know!! But now I wonder if my butcher duck was 'normal duck' or.. y'know.. 'grocery duck'.

we butchered some Kahki Cambells last year. They were good but not AMAZING. I keep hearing that muscovie is so much different than other duck breeds, now you've got me ready to go get some!

Girl you should be very proud of yourself to go all that and your dinner looks so yummy! You Go Girl
big_smile.png

I was just talkin to my husband this evenin about tryin duck for the 1st time... we have muscovies too, so one of these days I'm sure we will.

Back
Top Bottom