I just finished...

Very good paper...seems to me that you really didn't put yourself into it which depending on your teacher ( I thought it was well researched , and thought out ) will get you a very good grade . I don't eat horse meat , but I think that it should be an option for dog food . I love them , and don't want to think about my "guy" getting older....but I think I'd rather have him feeding my "new" family ( dog) than having him rot in the ground . I think people need to realize where we came from...we did eat them years ago.....they are animals . They are smart....but when their time is done ...it's done . Very well written.....I'm sure you'll do great with the next part !!
hugs.gif

Ugh, I found more mistakes! Haha, I'll have to repost the fixed version. I'll work on that tomorrow.

I am actually for horse slaughter. I think it does provide an outlet for unwanted horses. Afterall, horses ARE livestock. Just as some people keep cows as pets, or chickens as pets (like everyone here at BYC!) I don't see anything wrong with butchering a horse humanely. I'd rather see the body used for something rather than have the body rot away to nothing.

However, interestingly enough, there are no laws against horse meat for other uses. Horse parts for use in dog food or other products like violin bows or glue are butchered in plants that get their carcasses from "body collectors". These are basically the horse body removal services you often see advertised. I think its interesting that horse meat cannot be eaten, but we can still use their parts for other products.

Thanks UnionWireWoman! I'm glad you liked it so much.

My professor did say we could put our opinion in at the end, but I am against using "I" and "me" in a research paper. I couldn't really find a way to profess my opinion without using those words. LOL She also said she wouldn't grade based on our opinion of our topics, but I don't think she's the type that is able to grade as unbiasedly as she claims. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to like me all that much. I put three days time into this paper though, so I hope she realizes that!

I plan on writing my next paper on NAIS. It might be really hard to keep my opinion out of that one!

I just wanted to say that the writing is very good, but I think that the last sentence of the first paragraph might flow better somewhere else. it doesn't really fit with the sentence directly before or after it.

Thank you Ara. I have to say that I don't really like that sentence either. I just haven't been able to think of another transition sentence, or if I could move it somewhere else. I may just delete it all together.

Back
Top Bottom