I just found a stray chicken!! šŸ˜

Not that I now of. We are pretty rural. No giant barns or any warehouses that could be a factory. Who knows though :confused: She was VERY skinny with an empty crop when I first caught her so I wouldn't be surprised if she's been on her own for a while.
Well she found a home now. You're a good person to take her in like that. :hugs

Her comb seems a little pale. Is that normal with the heat and stress she's in?
If it is hot the combs on my girls tend to get bright red. Now if she's suffering from malnutrition, then it likely would be light pink. For example, My Sydney's comb turned pink about a week into her hatch. She was not eating but once a day. It has just now gotten a little redder. The chicks have been hatched for gosh over 2 weeks now. Almost 3.

You said she was very skinny. So I'm going to guess that malnutrition is the problem. Have you been able to do a craw check at night to make certain it's full?

Stress will also make them turn pink. So that could also be contributing. They turn pink during molt and in the winter when they are not laying as well.

Update: Mira is doing exceptionally well. Very healthy, gaining some weight, her comb is taking on more color. She is a part of the juvenile flock now! Bc she's been here over a week I decided she'd stay so now they are all free-ranging. They are all loving the life! Still not accustomed to people and very flighty, but I think she's here for good :love She's really pretty

Thanks! I'm really happy she ended up here too. With everything going on in the world it's nice to have an encouraging story every now and then šŸ˜Œ I'll send a pic of her soon. It's like she's always been a part of the flock! She fits right in šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom