I just found all 26 of my ducks headless!?!?

Pics
How awful!
I dont know of any weasel that can eat that many duck heads, kill them yes, eat them all no.
How secure is your nightly coop set up?
Maybe racoon, but you need a much larger gap or hole in your setup for that size critter.
Sorry for your loss.
Dont get more ducks until you figure out where the killer gained entrance.
It might return tonight. Set up a game camera if you have one.

I'm sorry about your ducks. Do you have any pictures of your coop/run? Is it covered? It certainly sounds like a raccoon or weasel. Having eaten 26 heads sounds like a lot for one coon though, let alone a weasel. Very strange.

If you have a trail cam, I would leave the carcasses right where you found them and set it up. Hopefully you'll catch the predator on camera and not only find out what it is, but also how it got in.

:he
So I just walk out to my coop and all 26 of my ducks were on the ground without heads all the heads were gone but the bodies were there and looked unharmed. I can't find the heads anywhere I can't see any holes or places in the wire were an animal could have gotten in what could have got them all?!?!
The same thing happened to my original ducks! All three were rendered headless while I was on vacation! After it killed the ducks they went for my rabbits. 😡 took the head off my favorite rabbit and snatched a baby bunny through the hutch! It was a couple of darn raccoons! Lucky for me I was able to salvage some fridge eggs, so I now have their descendents. My friend who was watching them put up motion sensor light alarms thinking it would protect them and the raccoon stole that too! How horrible!:mad:

How awful!
I dont know of any weasel that can eat that many duck heads, kill them yes, eat them all no.
How secure is your nightly coop set up?
Maybe racoon, but you need a much larger gap or hole in your setup for that size critter.
Sorry for your loss.
Dont get more ducks until you figure out where the killer gained entrance.
It might return tonight. Set up a game camera if you have one.
My night coop set up is pretty secure and I have game cams and nothing came last night, thank God because the coop right next to it has 26 chickens in it and they are the same coop design and I will be making both much more secure. Thank you for the help it is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom