I Just Had A Egg Explode !!

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree about it contaminating the other eggs.
sad.png

You can try to clean up as best you can and
fl.gif
but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
hugs.gif

We had a few eggs that didn't hatch when i had a hen go broody, soooooo, me and my bf decided that we wanted to see what was inside. So he took the first egg and cracked it open and made a loud noise and stinky rotten egg went all over him. Well, we still had 2 more eggs that didn't hatch, soooooo I put the 2nd egg in a coffee cup and poked at it with a tooth pick and bam, it exploded too. I just threw the 3rd egg at a tree and it exploded. It was so stinky. I swore I would never let my curiosity of an unhatched egg get the best of me again.

However, this last time I incubated eggs, I candled them but I was afraid to throw any out, well after my hatch was over, I put the unhatched eggs in a freezer ziploc bag and decided I was gonna bury them, well, as I was stuffing them in the hole I dug, one of them popped. thankfully, I had them in the bag, it was so gross.

But, I have to agree with everyone else. I think the hatch might be ruined.

There is nothing you can really do to prevent it from exploding, you just have to candle them and remove the bad ones so they don't have the chance to explode.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am not sure there is any way to PREVENT it, but you can look for signs ahead of time. Some sort of odor, the shell weeping, or just one tiny bubble coming out, etc. If you ever see any of that, remove the egg. Don't even try to "see what will happen".

Quote:
I am not sure there is any way to PREVENT it, but you can look for signs ahead of time. Some sort of odor, the shell weeping, or just one tiny bubble coming out, etc. If you ever see any of that, remove the egg. Don't even try to "see what will happen".

"Gee, that egg is weeping and bubbling; I think I'll wait and see what happens."
lau.gif

That reminds me of when the cute blonde goes off alone to investigate the spooky noise in the haunted house in a horror flick.

It is a build up of bacteria feeding off the nutrients in the egg that causes it to explode. So if it has covered your other eggs they could get contaminated. If they have been you will be able to smell it. Then again they might just stink from the last one exploding on them.

If you havn't washed them already make sure you use warm water. As if you use cold water it helps the bacteria to penetrate the egg.

Hope your eggs are still ok.
fl.gif

Quote:

"Gee, that egg is weeping and bubbling; I think I'll wait and see what happens."
lau.gif

That reminds me of when the cute blonde goes off alone to investigate the spooky noise in the haunted house in a horror flick.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

i candled my eggs and pulled out 20 duds...
sad.png

most of them were infertile, but one looked like it had green yolk... or it just had a shade of green with some swirls in it... no blood ring, it was gross... i put that one down as slowly as possible... right now they're all on an egg flat in my room... i'm scared to throw it out or touch it... LOL... i don't even want to move it... i also don't want to throw out the egg flats... LOL... they're brand new... i think i'm going to put them in the van, drive to a park, and throw them in one of their trash cans and run...

Quote:
how did you get the courage to pick it up and throw it...? srsly...? i wouldn't do it because i would think that it would pop in my hand as i was throwing it... wow... that's a lot of guts, or something else... LOL...

always candle before you crack open... i crack them open if i see like a normal embryo or something... but if it's just clear or cloudy, that means you need to drive to the park and dump them in their trash cans... LOL...

Back
Top Bottom