I Just Had A Egg Explode !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crower, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Crower

Crower Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2011
    new jersey
    Day 8 and i just had a egg go puff just after I closed the lid on the incubator . I Justed turned them. I just candled my eggs last night and i was debating wheather to throw that egg out.I am knew at incubating and I have a tough time deciding when to toss them. I should have known better because none of the other eggs are that dark inside yet. LIVE AND LEARN Croooowwweerrrrr

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh EWWW!!! I have never had that happen to me and I hope it stays that way. Did it explode IN the bator? If it did you hatch may be done for.....

3. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Oh EWWW!!! I have never had that happen to me and I hope it stays that way. Did it explode IN the bator? If it did you hatch may be done for.....

Also, Another newbie. Why would it be done for?​

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:My thoughts exactly, in every single thing you said.

It would be done for because all the bacteria from the bad egg now got onto the other eggs, which will cause a blood ring and kill the chick inside.

5. debilorrah

Quote:My thoughts exactly, in every single thing you said.

It would be done for because all the bacteria from the bad egg now got onto the other eggs, which will cause a blood ring and kill the chick inside.

It has always been my understanding that an exploded egg in the bator contaminates the other eggs. If I am wrong, I certainly apologize.

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    no way..?

today is day 14... and i haven't candled since i checked for cracks...

BRB... gotta candle ASAP!!!...

7. debilorrah

Like I said, if my information is wrong, I apologize!!!! I have just always heard that there is bacteria in an exploded egg. I would LOVE to know I am wrong!!!!

8. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] that would just totally put me off of incubating Glad thats never happened to me yet [​IMG]

AC

9. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:better safe than sorry... i just wouldn't want it to stink up my room... and i'm sure if the yuck touches other eggs, it might kill them...

10. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I had that happen to me long ago on duck eggs. I never got that smell out of my incubator. It hasn't put me off of incubating. That was the only time I have had an egg explode on me.

I agree with debiraymond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by