I just have to Vent

Quote:
guess what it says on my shirt
hmm.png

thinkin i should of put the " I probably dont like you either" one on,, hahaha
lol.png

This thread has gotten hilarious!

I have to throw in my 2 cents worth. There truly are people out there that, in my dear old dad's words, "Just aren't bright". But, because it's not really their fault, I can excuse them.

However, my big beef is people who judge people on first sight or on a one time meeting. We were on vacation in the Black Hills and became interested in buying property out there. We went in to one Realty office and said we were interested in a piece of property outside town. The secretary looked us up and down (we were in shorts & t-shirts - VACATION attire) and told us the agent wasn't in. When we asked when he'd be in she shrugged her shoulders and told us she didn't know and couldn't help us. I was OUTRAGED! We went down the street to another company where the realtor was so sweet and bent over backwords for us. We bought the property (her very first sale, btw) and are still friends with her 10 years later!!!!

Another time I went in for a job interview with the country extension agent. I had a degree in natural resources but was applying for the receptionist job (being taught that you had to pay your dues to get anywhere). I didn't have a lot of computer experience but told them I could learn. The didn't hire me because of my lack of computer experience (this was 12 years ago). But then I got my rejection letter, written by the person they did hire, and it had 3 typos in it!!!! Too bad for them, I've since become pretty darn good on the computer and landed a job where I'm in charge of over 300,000 acres of land!

It depends with me, if someone says they are SURE that this is the truth, and aren't willing to open their minds to being wrong, then i get frusterated with them. I am the type of person I'll give advice If im pretty sure I know the answer, then if I find that im wrong, I am the first to admit it!
smile.png
I hate know it alls who dont truely know it all but are so stubborn they think whatever they *know* to be true even if it's truely not. My dad can be like this and it drives me crazy...I remember when i was in school he told me to listen to my teachers because it's my responcibility to learn....and I remember on various occations coming home with something I learned at school that completely facinated me, told him about it and he told me my teachers dont know what they're talking about....
barnie.gif
he.gif

But other than those types of people, I am all for people voicing their oppinon, as long as they are open to the fact that they may be possibly wrong or there may be an alternative.
smile.png

Quote:
Im right with ya there on the dad thing.

it's some men dear, they're stubborn mules at times, but we love em
smile.png
Us women can be just as stubborn though!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom