I Just Ordered Geese

Here's a screenshot from their website:
View attachment 3333880
You have made a great choice they were my if I ever get another breed of goose that was the one. They need us more than most geese breeds. Im so excited for you. From most of my study's trying to learn about them they are a true American Heritage goose who are on the critical endangered list. So exciting you found a good breeder....

You have made a great choice they were my if I ever get another breed of goose that was the one. They need us more than most geese breeds. Im so excited for you. From most of my study's trying to learn about them they are a true American Heritage goose who are on the critical endangered list. So exciting you found a good breeder....
Yes - I'm stoked! It was purely by chance that I found this farm. I was actually looking for bee-friendly native plants, and this place has both!

And that's why I'm open to someday breeding them. We'll see!

I just want to say when I see the words Super Africans. Then see the same picture on both websites. I kinda suspect there coming from Meters. Myers website and metzers website photos are the same.
{ dont know about other breeds.
So now just venting I like Metzers I think they do a good job at hatching birds. But wish they would call there Africans what they are. Production Africans not for show but a great back yard flock. And there Super Africans what they are Purebred or Dewlap Africans,
I still have MaMa from Metzers production Africans, She is vital to my farm she is the best mom a gosling could ever get. She is so small but the whole flock respects her. She weighs in at 10 pounds. The girls she raised this year are already at 18-19 pounds. So yes she is small but the most important goose on the farm.
I hope Metzers recovers they are the mane suppler of geese and ducks in the us for backyard flocks pets ect.

Ordered some Embden Geese from Metzer Farms today, to be shipped early March 2023 ... the phone rings this afternoon and it's Metzer Farms, asking whether I would like to receive my order of Embden Geese rather sooner then later ... how soon!? 'Well, we'd ship them out today' she says!
Heck yes I say :wee

Ordered some Embden Geese from Metzer Farms today, to be shipped early March 2023 ... the phone rings this afternoon and it's Metzer Farms, asking whether I would like to receive my order of Embden Geese rather sooner then later ... how soon!? 'Well, we'd ship them out today' she says!
Heck yes I say :wee
Good for you let us know how it goes. So happy for you!

I think I missed the boat on the Metzer drop, I had notifications turned on for their posts and everything 😕 the Super Africans I wanted are still available but the shipping date doesn't work and then no Buff Toulouse, so pivoting a bit and ordered three female French Toulouse to help out a bit with my M/F ratio.

I think I missed the boat on the Metzer drop, I had notifications turned on for their posts and everything 😕 the Super Africans I wanted are still available but the shipping date doesn't work and then no Buff Toulouse, so pivoting a bit and ordered three female French Toulouse to help out a bit with my M/F ratio.
Metzers had some issues this year. They lost there birds in California and were really upfront about it. They had a new southern hatchery they set up I think dont quote me 2 years ago. It could still hatch. A large percentage of there eggs come from partners. So with everything that happened with HPAI this year Im sure they struggled and are doing there best to get birds out there.
Metzers is one of the main suppliers of day old waterfowl and good at sexing, but if you want links to true breeders. Find a breeder.
I raise African Dewlap in Colorado. True African's, Still dont understand why they have to be called super African (hatury thing to justify production African wich are great birds by the way). There purebred African to standard.

Back
Top Bottom