I Just Ordered Geese

Pics

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Oh boy...

I JUST clicked "confirm" on a pair of "Fancy Geese" females from Metzers. The Fancy Goose selection can include Buff, Toulouse, Pilgrim, Large Tufted Toulouse, Roman, Sebastopol, African, and Brown Chinese.

So... just how noisy are the Brown Chinese and African??? I really wanted Toulouse and Buff, but I couldn't order that combination. I have pretty noisy Runner and Pekin ducks, but I don't want my neighbors to hate me.

I am having second thoughts - LOL! Wondering if I should cancel that order and get 2 Buff...

What are your thoughts?

PS: I have plenty of space, and I am building an in-ground pond for all of my darling waterfowl!

Oh boy...

I JUST clicked "confirm" on a pair of "Fancy Geese" females from Metzers. The Fancy Goose selection can include Buff, Toulouse, Pilgrim, Large Tufted Toulouse, Roman, Sebastopol, African, and Brown Chinese.

So... just how noisy are the Brown Chinese and African??? I really wanted Toulouse and Buff, but I couldn't order that combination. I have pretty noisy Runner and Pekin ducks, but I don't want my neighbors to hate me.

I am having second thoughts - LOL! Wondering if I should cancel that order and get 2 Buff...

What are your thoughts?

PS: I have plenty of space, and I am building an in-ground pond for all of my darling waterfowl!
I have American Buffs. I've had Chinese a couple times and they were too mean. All geese are noisy, lol.

I have American Buffs. I've had Chinese a couple times and they were too mean. All geese are noisy, lol.
Well, then, it's a gamble. I like the idea of being surprised, but I don't particularly want some of the rowdier breeds - haha!

Honestly, any of their other breeds would be fine, but I've heard negative things about the Chinese.

But gosh they are pretty!\

Or maybe I will just order some buff.

I can't decide.......

I have chinese mine are not overly noisy unless someones by them and mine are my friendliest birds I own I over snuggled them as babies lol
Ok - that makes me feel better. Noisy doesn't bother me nearly as much as mean/aggressive. My Runner YELLS at the top of her little lungs whenever she hears the gate. Then my Pekin echoes her. And I have a bantam rooster who is screechy and obnoxious.

And don't even get me started about my Nubian when she goes into heat - hahahahaha!

I mean, I have 3 acres. My nearest neighbors aren't super close, but the valley does echo with the dulcet tones of my critters.

I had a goose one time with my chickens. She would get jealous of a hen some times and pulled a comb off a hen's nose! I rehomed her to a lady that was going to get more geese. She also would get really sad seeing the hens having babies.
VERY good to know! I can separate them if needed. I'd rather not for the sake of ease, but I can. Do you think having more than 1 goose would help?

VERY good to know! I can separate them if needed. I'd rather not for the sake of ease, but I can. Do you think having more than 1 goose would help?
If my geese can catch a chicken they will rip out it's feathers. They bite hard! The dogs even run from them. The chickens learn pretty fast to stay away from the geese.

If my geese can catch a chicken they will rip out it's feathers. They bite hard! The dogs even run from them. The chickens learn pretty fast to stay away from the geese.
My gander does this but only to roosters and hes ripped feathers out of my turkey at the time think that had to do with dominance over size as she was a meat turkey or he maybe wanted to mate her im not sure lol

Back
Top Bottom