I just set 5-21-11 in my home made incubator

Quote:
all i see in the last pic is the juicer or coffee grinder, poor chicken lol

ha ha, juicer and do the chicks love the pulp left over from the carrot juice.mmmm
big_smile.png

ooooo that is sooo cute.
thumbsup.gif

you have made me smile. thanks. what a cutie.

hang in there with the shipped eggs. i know i am a continent away but most of my hatches have been shipped eggs. i have to say i have been using a brinsea incubator which has been fantastic and so easy but ebay eggs and British postal system hasn't been too hard on me. usually have to throw 2 out of 10 for not being fertile and then lose a couple during incubation but i would say out of all my hatches, 12 out of 18 make it to lockdown with 10 hatching successfully. it does sound like you have had some really bad luck.

but,

isn't it all just so worth it when you get a little cutie like that, she is a star.
love.gif

Quote:
don't get discouraged with hatching. Just look at that little baby! By next year you'll be making your own hatching eggs! I'm envious! Now I might just go shop for some serama eggs.
big_smile.png

I sent Gabbard Farms an email and it was pretty nasty. I said that I was pretty confident they sent me old eggs that weren't stored properly. I told her I didn't want a refund or replacement, but she refunded me anyway. Now I kinda feel like a heel over it. But, I know it wasn't the post office that made the eggs smell rotten, that's good ol father time at work!

Well from my dozen eggs from Gabbard I have 1 that made it to lockdown, but I really don't expect it to hatch. I've hatched 12/19 up till this set, and this one doesn't look like any of the other ones did. I still put the foam rubber stuff in there and added water. Guess we'll see. I'm really not sure what i'll do with one chick, I guess I'll put it in with the 3 week old cochins. They are still little.
How did your hatch go chicksntexas?

Got 1 to hatch
smile.png
Here's my new EE (6 days) with little Serama (2 weeks)
89480_dsc_1414.jpg

Won't be buying Gabbard or Ebay again. I still have 12 LOs in the bator, started with 24...10 had blood rings & 2 were clear
hmm.png
So far, 6 look pretty good, not sure about 6..so we'll see! Hatching 8/5 or 6
But I DO want another Serama! It is the cutest little bird!

I am an expert at 1 chick hatches matlock! lol I put the baby with the older chicks with a screen divider for about a week or 2. Then, I put them all in a small box and take them outside for a field trip in an enclosed pen. They are so freaked out that they forget about the baby! Then, when I bring them back in, the divider is gone and they are all friends. So far this has worked for all of my single hatches!

Quote:
What a great idea chicksntexas! We ordered 2 batches of meat chickens for this year... when our first batch was 4 weeks old we got our second batch. We put them in the same pen as the older meat chickens, and I was afraid the older ones would pick on the babies. I went out to check on them one day and they were all cuddled together like mama's and babies! It was so cute!

Lovin all the pictures of the little fuzzybutts!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom