I just shake my head and ask why (GRAPHIC!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Nope. That's the little boy who's mother brutally murdered him cause she needed to get her kicks on cocaine while she drove the car.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope. That's the little boy who's mother brutally murdered him cause she needed to get her kicks on cocaine while she drove the car.

The only peace I get out of this is knowing she will rot in hell.

After you last post I think my heart just sunk. To do something that stupid and that thoughtless with the lives of a child is absolutely unexcuseable. He is an adorable little feller and has some good looking buddies in the picture with him. I hope they make an example out of her!! May everyones prayers be with the little ones family.

Want some ideas?

-More public transit, even make a special run Friday/Saturday nights around bars. DH's college town did this, they organized a bus schedule such that the buses ran a particular route around the bar area late on weekends. It was actually rather inconvenient to have to drive to the bar, 'cause there was never parking, but the buses were easy enough to manage.

-No convenient parking near bars. They did this around a bar that happened to be close to a residential neighborhood in my college town. It helped somewhat in that the bar mostly got regulars who lived within walking distance. I've seen this work well in downtown Boston, where it's insanely inconvenient to drive, even if you're cold sober--if everyone's on the subway or the bus, no one is driving drunk because no one is driving, period.

-Better trained security guards around bars. How about instead of training the security guys to toss drunks out on the street, we train them to corral the drunks in a separate room, call a taxi, and put the taxi voucher on their tab? How about upon entering bars and clubs and such, you do so with a debit/credit card so that if you need a taxi called for you, it's basically pre-paid? If you leave cold sober, they refund your card the $20 or whatever.

Not that this will prevent people from doing things illegally (such as snorting coke), but in my experience you can do a lot more to prevent harm if you truly accept that most people are dumb as a bag of hammers, and build a cultural solution that takes that basic assumption into account. It sounds like this woman was not really a fit parent to begin with--so why did she have kids at all? If she was so dedicated to her party-girl ways, why not give the kid up for adoption, or why wasn't Child & Family Services called to deal with the situation? I mean, irresponsible people are not going to do the responsible thing anyway, but was this woman really so isolated from the rest of her family and community that absolutely no one knew she was a cokehead who drove under the influence? I would put money on it that someone, her mother or her boss at work or her best friend, someone, saw warning signs and is now sitting around moaning, "Who knew? I couldn't possibly have prevented it...She's so unpredictable..."

Quote:
I completely agree, this is why I don't watch the news. I start to get deeply depressed,I can't just see that kind of stuff and forget about it for the rest of the day like most people.

As a Paramedic for over 28 years I have to tell you sometimes the drunk or stoned do just kill themselves, and it's never seen as newsworthy. You just never hear about it, but we at the scene just thank God that for this time it's only them. News sensationalizes that which we least want to hear and often the feeds back on the stress it causes, creating drama documentary's on the reactions of the public. The media is not IMO being even remotely responsible in what or the way they report.

I feel all we need to do is quit letting anyone off for DUI. As professionals we are duty bound to show up for court to testify in these cases but guess who is excused if they don't show up? That's right, the defendant! Do that twice and they drop the case as they feel it's not worth their time anymore. Even if they show up the most they get here is a slap on the wrist, but the penalties on the books are harsh enough, they are just never handed out.

Folks this has all the markers of being an emotionally laced topic. Please lets stay civil and let everyone have their opinion. While I understand that lots of what has been said here is simply venting I hope that those who have posted about taking things into their own hands (ie shooting the offenders) will reconsider and edit their posts. Thanks for your time in this.

I know what you mean the owner of the restaurant was just caught for the third time for drunk driving. She still drinks all the time (just has other people drive her now) and does it in front of her children.

One day she may kill someone ,hopefully it wil be herself.

I'm so lame BYC is my Saturday night entertainment.

Best wishes
Ed

As a critical care nurse I see things that make me cry almost everyday. We live in a drug society, we tolerate drunks and drug users. I am sometimes I am ashamed to say I do not tolerate them. They come into the hospital claiming they did not know what they were doing and then try to manipulate you to feel sorry for them. The first thing they want is a pain shot or some other drug to make them high. The same people time and time again come in and once they come off the high they send them to psych and if it is their 3rd or more time they say the h*** with it and throw them back into society. We as members of a society have to force our congressman to push for tougher drug laws. We have to tell washington we refuse to put up with them anymore. There is a recent law in the south somewhere about homewreckers getting sued for destroying a marriage. Let's sue the addicts for ruining peoples lives, most though are on welfare and somehow find the money for their 200.00 drug habit.

Last edited:
In MA they have laws against DUI and they're still out there doing it...
My local Sat/sun newspaper had the Drunk Driving record. There's 6 this week.
4 for 3rd offense and 3 for 2nd offense.
this is the newest law on our books:
http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw05/sl050122.htm

But it STILL isn't enough because there have been even more of these recently:

3 teens involved in a late night crash
MELROSE, Mass. -- Three teenagers injured in a Friday night accident.

Their car hit a telephone pole at East Woodcrest and Upham Streets.

It then hit another vehicle, rolled over, and landed in front of a house.

One female passenger was thrown from the car.

She then got pinned between the hood of the car, the ground, and a wall.

Three teens were taken to the hospital, and two of them refused to go

There is no update on the extent of the victim's injuries.

A deadly car accident, leaves one dead, on Route 3
BEDFORD, Mass -- An accident on Route 3 South near exit 26 at around 10 o'clock Friday night, leaves a driver dead.

State Troopers say the driver was traveling southbound, veered into the northbound lanes and hit another car head on.

The driver who crossed into the northbound lanes was killed at the scene.

The other car's passengers were not injured in the crash.

Speaking as a former drunk myself and a drunk driver, I learned my lesson when I crashed my AMC Concord on Broad Cove Road. I blacked out after having 2 Beers, 2 Mai Tais, 2 Jack Daniels and polishing off the Scorpion Bowl including the rotgut in the middle...I shouldn't have been walking let along driving...I insisted I was alright and that I could handle it...I found out the hard way that I wasn't and I couldn't...I quit drinking the very next day and haven't had more than one O'Douls since 86...
Unfortunately, most people DON'T learn from their experiences...I wasn't breathalyzed, I wasn't booked, my best friend who was driving behind me took me home...where I got to explain where my car was. My insurance payments went through the roof, I had to buy another car. And I am the proud owner of a transformer pole in Hingham. I'm pretty sure someone else has bought it since though...

I can't see how a person can drive under the influence of anything with a child in the car...to me a child is one of the most precious things in life! Even though mine's a teenager and most of the time I wanna strangle him.
hmm.png
Good example that these folks set for their kids too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom