I knew this day would come....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    and now it has. You know all of my marans decided to go broody at once. Add to them a broody bantam and 2 broody white leghorn hens and that gives me 9 hens due to hatch within a couple of weeks of each other. I have 3 hens with chicks(1 hatching)and 6 brooding. My 2 white leghorns are due to hatch on the 8th and 10th and I am out of pens. My chicks are too young to combine into one pen, so I have to come up with a solution,quick. I may have to let someone raise her chicks in the big pen. I've done it before, but I think the chicks grow better when they and the hen are separated from the others. Anyone else have my problem?

2. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    That is a lot of broody hens. [​IMG] A couple broody hens are probably nice to have, but that many has to be a pain.

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    My only problem is all my broody hens and no eggs to hatch. I am to the point where i only have one breed i wish to add and i cannot find the eggs. So 4 broody hens and nothing to hatch [​IMG] At least you will get baby chicks for putting up with the grumps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by