I know I'm nuts, but HOW MUCH?

Quote:
Y'all are such bad influence. I went to Bradshaw Feed & Supply (Bradshaw at Florin) and picked up FOUR more chicks: an Australorp, a Black Sex Link, a Buff Orpington and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. (They were OUT of Brahmas! My little FuzzButt Brahma is not going to make it, I'm afraid.... "failure to thrive." It breaks my heart.)
hit.gif

West Sac is a city of 49,000 population!! I'm in a rural part on Jefferson Blvd just south of Harmon (by a Tower Mart gas station/store) in sort of the Southport RURAL part. My landlady has an acre, her house is the front house and mine is in back, with a fenced back yard. She keeps 3 sheep. There are chickens (and roosters) and geese and horses and goats and a pot bellied pig in this neighborhood. My next door neighbor - who has a very nice pool with a WATERFALL in it - is actually impressed that I'm building a chicken coop all by myself. Whew!

I'll post more pics when I finish the coop, and of all the new babies.
wee.gif

Quote:
Y'all are such bad influence. I went to Bradshaw Feed & Supply (Bradshaw at Florin) and picked up FOUR more chicks: an Australorp, a Black Sex Link, a Buff Orpington and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. (They were OUT of Brahmas! My little FuzzButt Brahma is not going to make it, I'm afraid.... "failure to thrive." It breaks my heart.)
hit.gif

West Sac is a city of 49,000 population!! I'm in a rural part on Jefferson Blvd just south of Harmon (by a Tower Mart gas station/store) in sort of the Southport RURAL part. My landlady has an acre, her house is the front house and mine is in back, with a fenced back yard. She keeps 3 sheep. There are chickens (and roosters) and geese and horses and goats and a pot bellied pig in this neighborhood. My next door neighbor - who has a very nice pool with a WATERFALL in it - is actually impressed that I'm building a chicken coop all by myself. Whew!

I'll post more pics when I finish the coop, and of all the new babies.
wee.gif

Well thank heavens I am leaving town or I'd be in the car headed to the feedstore, that I didn't even know existed until just now! Good luck with your coop. Be sure to post pics of it and your babies. I LOVE PICS!

Mary

Quote:
lau.gif

"Miss Jayne's World Tour"...When will the tour jackets & t-shirts be available?

asap. as well as glossy 8 x 10's and bumper stickers.
big_smile.png

i of course will be stopping along the way to kiss babies and chickens and autograph items.

omg
orpingtons are great egg layers and mothers
but SLW are so pretty :hmm lol
they take for ever to get as big as the other chicks, but they do aventually
big_smile.png

i have 4 or 5 and they're starting to get really pretty
but i have Buff Orps. and they're really turning out beautiful :)

Quote:
Perfect!
yippiechickie.gif
Our Bantam Blue Cochin, "Mrs Blue" has been wanting a new hubby! Frizzleds and whatever's left over are welcome too!
And you simply must visit wine country in the fall
wink.png
We're just 90 miles or so west of West Sac.
frow.gif

Miss Jayne, will you stop in Missouri on your tour?
wink.png

This is hilarious. I went Friday night to get some chicks (first timer here as well) ended up with 16 total. 5 Welsummers, 5 Buff Orps and 6 Americaunas. Then, because some of these are for my granddaughter who is 8 and wants to show in 4H, we ended up with a pair of mille fleur cochin bantim frizzles. (Now, that's a mouthfull!!) I had a brooder all set up for chicks but was not yet set up for full grown anything so had to scramble fast and put a make shift cage together for a few days.

Quote:
lau.gif

"Miss Jayne's World Tour"...When will the tour jackets & t-shirts be available?

asap. as well as glossy 8 x 10's and bumper stickers.
big_smile.png

i of course will be stopping along the way to kiss babies and chickens and autograph items.

Miss Jayne, *screaming and waving wildly* New York, don't forget about us Northeasters on this tour of yours! Have you seen the gorgeous fall foliage yet? Come and see, bring the whole fam and I'll start mulling the cider and baking the pies!! *bustles off to the kitchen* Pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeeeeeee!!!

I'll help unload the back of your truck too-I'll take one of each on the orps and a couple sussexes too-wait, why stop there? I'll have a bantam blue cochin too, oh and an extra large in the jacket-autographed of course!! Where do we send the donations?!!
tongue.png

Y'all are a riot!! lol
lau.gif

To the OP-I know what you mean, I started out with 6 Rhodies on order at the feed store. While I was waiting for them to come in, TSC got their order in and I ended up with 6 comets! Now, I'm up to 23!! It's so easy to get started and never stop, but I'm loving every second of it!! lol
lol.png
Now to get the eggs sold......

Quote:
woot.gif
ozarkmomma!!
frow.gif
Happy to meet you! Glad you're here!
ladybug.gif
Hope you enjoy our company and have lots of fun with us!!
jumpy.gif

Miss Jayne, I can't offer the hospitality I wish I could due to circumstances, but I'll for sure buy you lunch if you are passing by! Fill up your thermos with some great coffee or fresh tea too. Have fun on your grand BYC tour!

Oh miss_jayne, are you feeling just a bit like Santa Claus?! How ever will you do it all? When we sponsor you we'll have to include one of those fancy touring buses for keeping those chicks warm and fed for the trip.
gig.gif

Oh dear, have some of us high jacked this thread with our miss_jayne fun?
hide.gif
sorry, sorry, I'm done now.

And now you've all smitten me with the urge to pilage all the nearby feed stores for any available chicks! Oop's husband coming in the door, must minimize screen!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom