I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

Waiting for Mt. Healthy to open ordering!
If I were to order, I'd order from them again, in a heartbeat. Great experience, all around.

I won't be getting chicks in 2024, as I'm maxed out on the number of birds I want in the space I have. So I'll be living vicariously through everyone else's chicks.

But maybe in 2025...

Thank you all for the words of sympathy they were greatly needed.
Once again God has taken a terrible event and provided us with something good.

Our local farm store had just received a new order of chicks yesterday, and we brought home 5 little fuzzy pullets to give our love to. Welcome home little ones, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 SLWs and 1 EE.
Trisha, Buttercup, Rhoda, Daphne and Darla

Attachments

• New babies.jpg
    New babies.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 3
Those sound awesome! I also didn't want to wait like last year, most breeds were sold out and had very little to choose from. I almost added a few Swedish Hens as well, chicken math could take hold before my shipment and who knows what might end up in the basket!

I had trouble getting the breeds I wanted too…

Do you guys think the 2024 chick demand will be as high as 2023?

I'd like 10 Aseels from Cackle. They have three color patterns and I don't really know what I want as to colors. Might get a dozen with 4 of each. Then I'd like a dozen Indio Gigantes from Greenfire Farms. Their ordering is about to open up and those are the number one priority for us. There are 82 eggs in incubators now. Darn Cornish, White Giants, and American Bresse.

not chicks, but i did order (from Metzer) another pilgrim gosling!! and 4 new ducklings - black runner , blue runner, chocolate runner, and a magpie! for April . i’m so eggcited already ! i usually get my ducklings in Feb or Mar, but I wanted the weather to be nicer so I can introduce the new gosling to her adopting parents outside every day until they fully accept her 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

I've skipped to the end here. I'm not waiting till 2024. I have chicks coming next Wednesday! Six each Prairie Bluebell Eggers (mutt hens, blue eggs), Sapphire Gems (blue hens, brown eggs), and eight Cornish game hens, all from Hoover's Hatchery.
Lucky! Please post them here when they come in! I think I'm having withdrawals after growing out our current girls, and who doesn't enjoy seeing all those little fuzzy butts :)
Great choices by the way.

Back
Top Bottom