I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

Serama and Tsouloufati! Two serama hatches during the year, and one Tsouloufati hatch. 20 Tsouloufati eggs and a number of serama eggs I have not decided on yet
I've never seen a Tsouloufati, do you have a picture you could share, I'd love to learn more about them. If we had the space I sure would hatch our own, but we are limited to a max of 15 in the city so I'll max out soon!

Sure! And I'm not surprised, they're a rare landrace from Greece. Here you go!
20230802_124021.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/tsouloufati-a-quick-look-into-this-humble-landrace.78702/

Smashing! The Cockerel color is wonderful, those wattles and comb though is Massive! :)
What color eggs do you get?

I'm actually desperately trying to breed away from that male color, as the birds are not white. The current laying girls lay colored eggs. Some of my olders and some of the past mixes laid creme colored eggs, which is the correct color. That said, the colored egg seems to be a universal thing right now. Maybe some new genes hitting the landrace

I'd like 10 Aseels from Cackle. They have three color patterns and I don't really know what I want as to colors. Might get a dozen with 4 of each. Then I'd like a dozen Indio Gigantes from Greenfire Farms. Their ordering is about to open up and those are the number one priority for us. There are 82 eggs in incubators now. Darn Cornish, White Giants, and American Bresse.

Waiting for Mt. Healthy to open ordering!
If I were to order, I'd order from them again, in a heartbeat. Great experience, all around.

I won't be getting chicks in 2024, as I'm maxed out on the number of birds I want in the space I have. So I'll be living vicariously through everyone else's chicks.

But maybe in 2025...

Back
Top Bottom