I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

I just came in with another handful of hatching eggs from my 3 pens that I'm focusing on. I may have enough now to fill the slots where I remove problem eggs Saturday. It's been awhile since I've had balls of fluff to play with so I am ready for them mentally. Now to get the brooder setup....
That sounds like a good plan and fun, we toiled with the notion to hatch a small batch but we can't have a Rooster and the chances of all eggs being Pullets....well you know how that would go, as good as the Las Vegas Raiders winning the Super Bowl this year.:lau

That sounds like a good plan and fun, we toiled with the notion to hatch a small batch but we can't have a Rooster and the chances of all eggs being Pullets....well you know how that would go, as good as the Las Vegas Raiders winning the Super Bowl this year.:lau
I'm glad to live just far enough out of town to have any farm animal I want. Cattle around me and commercial layer and broiler houses too. It would be hard for a law to get passed banning roosters or pigs here. I'd like some big white geese what ever they are that make good protection for chickens. Get one of those grill accessories that you fill with liquid of choice and stick those extra roos over it and enjoy. Our main accessory for the incubators is a nice plucker. :)

I'd like 10 Aseels from Cackle. They have three color patterns and I don't really know what I want as to colors. Might get a dozen with 4 of each. Then I'd like a dozen Indio Gigantes from Greenfire Farms. Their ordering is about to open up and those are the number one priority for us. There are 82 eggs in incubators now. Darn Cornish, White Giants, and American Bresse.

You should definitely get aseel! And indios. And definitely serama🤭

To bad there is not a way to send hens out for stud service like they do horses....... Or even better use AI like they do with dairy and beef cattle.... I'm going to try to use AI to breed one of my really big Cornish Cross roosters to some white giant hens. There's no way that can happen naturally. It works for turkeys so why not chickens?

You should definitely get aseel! And indios. And definitely serama🤭
I'd like some seramas too. Hard to get. There is an Alabama Serama Association. I would just want a few for pets not to breed for sale or show. I love to watch the little roos do their fancy little dance they have been trained to do. I have an Indio x Aseel rooster now that is a pet. He's going to be a really big boy. Friendly cuss already. He gets hand fed treats. He stands flat footed to get them and the RIR hen has to jump up high to get a treat.

Back
Top Bottom