I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

Pics
No kidding. Back to the drawing board then. Do you think it's the Welsummer's personality? Or is the Cream Legbar a target with their unique head/comb?

Hmm. I was planning on getting some cream legbar pullets.i have 6 welsummer hens, 5 EEs and 1 RIR. My roo is also a welsummer. :/
Unless you're set on the blue eggs you could always opt for an OE that's half Cream Legbar, half Welsummer. You still get the poof but maybe more of the Welsummer personality? My Welsummer is very easy going though so I wouldn't anticipate a problem with her.

I have a very mixed flock though. Muffs, beards, feathered feet, all sorts of colors, so something as small as a poof doesn't stand out.

Unless you're set on the blue eggs you could always opt for an OE that's half Cream Legbar, half Welsummer. You still get the poof but maybe more of the Welsummer personality? My Welsummer is very easy going though so I wouldn't anticipate a problem with her.

I have a very mixed flock though. Muffs, beards, feathered feet, all sorts of colors, so something as small as a poof doesn't stand out.
I want them to make OEs 😆

In Europe you can’t order chicks. But I prefer buying hatching eggs for a broody anyway.

I plan to get in contact with someone who sells bantam speckled sussex eggs. I have an address of a breeder about 15 km from where I live.

I don't know about Holland, but here you sort of can. You can phone one of the major hatcheries, and on their monthly (or every two months) trip around Greece (depends on where people have ordered from) they'll give you month olds or one and a half month olds. Chicks younger than 1 month are never sold

I don't know about Holland, but here you sort of can. You can phone one of the major hatcheries, and on their monthly (or every two months) trip around Greece (depends on where people have ordered from) they'll give you month olds or one and a half month olds. Chicks younger than 1 month are never sold
Special delivery is allowed here too. The shops/suppliers just don’t as far as I now. Never seen one advertising with delivery.

Delivery by a mail company through a distribution center is not allowed. Except for the dead male chicks (feed) and easter decorations.

Yup. The hatcheries distribute the pullets and cockerels themselves. Not using mail or anything of that sort. A broad special delivery of sorts. Also- one of the hatcheries doesn't allow you to buy chicks from them unless you get at least one cockerel with the pullets

I just placed our newest order for babies from Myers today! I know, I know, but I wanted a few special breeds and such so I had to pull the pin and get my order in. Anyone else already placing orders for 2024, if so what's on your shopping list?

Ordered Speckled Sussex, Blue Americana, and Lisa's Cookies and Cream.
Now the wait begins, 182 days until ship date...... :yesss: :yesss:

I ordered Swedish flower hen, Austrolop, buckeye, and silkie pullets. Meyer just started their 2024 orders a few days ago, and the earliest shipping day I could get is 5/13! Most Silkies were sold out by Monday. Crazy!
I have been waiting! I didn't get their email. I ordered before. Interesting. I will ordering this afternoon. I am getting the overhatch assortment and maybe some marans and brahmas - maybe cochins. 🤔 So many to choose form.

Oh I’m soooo excited for spring chicks. I ordered from Murray McMurray on Nov 1st for the spring. Glad I did some are already sold out!!!
Ordered: Whiting True Blues (my fav)
Whiting true Greens
Anconas
Red Star
White orpingtons
And of course a surprise chick!

Back
Top Bottom