Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Ohio (way out in the country)
Must resist the temptation!!!!!!!
th.gif
ep.gif
love.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-FERTILE-HATCH...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
Those are seriously gorgeous eggs! I really don't want emus, but would be tempted if they laid them regularly through the year.

Heres what wikipedia said about incubating emu eggs.

"Incubation takes 56 days, and the male stops incubating the eggs shortly before they hatch.[16] Newly hatched chicks are active and can leave the nest within a few days. They stand about 25 centimetres tall and have distinctive brown and cream stripes for camouflage, which fade after three months or so. The male stays with the growing chicks for up to 18 months, defending them and teaching them how to find food.[21] Chicks grow very quickly and are full-grown in 12–14 months; they may remain with their family group for another six months or so before they split up to breed in their second season. In the wild, Emus live between 10 to 20 years;[24] captive birds can live longer than those in the wild."

Someone on another forum got an emu egg off ebay, hatched it in a styrofoam bator. Made an interesting story.

She put it in with chicken and turkey eggs that came from ebay also. The emu took a lot longer to hatch.

Hello. I bought the emu eggs from ebay. They have been incubating for eight days. Imagine my surprise as I clicked on the link and saw that it was my order. I wonder what the odds are for that happening?
I really did want them, I felt as if it was my only chance to find them at that low price. I had been checking into different emu farms that sell fertile emu eggs for a while. I would have easily paid $100 for the two, so $88 after shipping was a great deal. ( I also 'bought-it-now' the emu eggs from a different breeder this morning to diversify genetics.)

there was an ad on craigslist here a while ago, about a ranch being sold, and they needed to get rid of their emu's,, for a dollar, you could get 6 or a dozen ( cant remember how many) and they would even deliver them ,, man im glad i didnt have a pen for em lol

Back
Top Bottom