i know this is not about chickens but what kind of bird egg is this?

Does your mom know you have the eggs? Maybe she can help you set something up to try and hatch them. Just be careful with that light and don't leave it unattended. You don't want to accidentally start a fire. Is the chicken on your photobucket link yours? You might be able to get her or another hen to hatch the eggs for you. They won't usually though unless they are already broody, meaning that they want to set on a nest of eggs.

well my mom doesint know anything and she wot help.

and my chickens are not broody and dont lay.

go to chicken behaviors.

i wrote another topic on my chicken daisy

i have 2 chickens

Like Hikerchick said, bird eggs don't hatch themselves. The momma bird has to keep the egg warm in the nest until it is ready to hatch. Depending on the type of bird, that usually is about three weeks.

Dont worry about killing the bird. If you have not been incubating it, it is not growing, and so it is just like an eating egg. Nothing to kill yet! Yes, if you cannot feed the bird, or give it proper housing, even a cage or something, maybe that should be your first step.

If you do your research and find out what you need before hand, you will be able to get things a bit at a time, or pick up materials cheap or free from garage sales, craigslist, etc.

When you are ready for a bird, I would really not recommend starting with eggs. It is MUCH more expensive and very unpredictable. Start by buying baby chicks or adult birds. They will be easier to raise for a beginner, cheaper, and they are easier to find most of the time.

If you only want a few (three or so- dont get one, it will be lonely) you should be able to find them locally through craiglist or ask around in a feed store.

The only other thing I would try, is see if a local school or extension agency, or even a FFA or 4H chapter, would lend you an incubator. I have heard some will.

Ok, first off, how old are you?

Why would you buy an egg without an incubator?
And if you can't "cough" up an dollar, how would you be able to buy feed?
Why in tarnation did you think it would hatch itself?
And just for the record, a chicken is a bird just like a quail is and chicks will come out of both eggs.

Your lightbulb will not work.

i dont know wat kinda bird is it

but im pretty sure its a quail

and im 12

and ok stop talking bout food i can afford it

but my mom wont buy a bator

she cant afford it we need money for important things

and she dont want to use it once and then leave it?

so wat ever

ill kill it

You just found the egg? Or is it maybe a fart egg from one of your own hens... Either way the worst to happen if it doesnt hatch is that it may explode..

It's sounds to me like you are probably a teenager..just guessing but you sound alot like my niece... Try to take the advice given too you on here with the greatest respect. These folks are awesome and have sooo much combined knowledge to share.. Good luck..
frow.gif

Quote:
Calm down and don't think about you killing it. It's not alive..it's just a possibly fertile egg.. Do what some others said.. the 4-h idea is great our local 4-h loans out there incubators.. or maybe you and friend can build one with found objects so you can hatch later..

If you really want to hatch out an egg, you should try to talk to your Mom again. Maybe tell her about what a good educational experience it would be. She may have some supplies already that she will let you use, like an old cooler. You never know, she might find that it's a fun project to do together. Moms will surprise you sometimes. Incubating is fun, but it's not easy.

Don't feel too bad about the eggs you already have, they don't start developing until they are almost 100 degrees. So, you didn't kill any baby birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom